Yupppp. I'll grab a copy of deja if I see it, (I won't) but I'll be on the lookout for that Polaris record. It's so good. I'm sticking to my plan of going around 2 PM though.

Polaris? I don't know them. If I go, I'll definitely be on the lookout for things people want. I don't think I'll get Deja even if I see it because they already announced the standard repress. If they hadn't done that, then maybe.

Polaris? I don't know them. If I go, I'll definitely be on the lookout for things people want. I don't think I'll get Deja even if I see it because they already announced the standard repress. If they hadn't done that, then maybe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaris_%28band%29

Their album is actually insanely good.

And yeah, I'd really only get Deja to flip it because I'm an asshole, and that money would come in really handy.

have they announced or posted anywhere what the "alternate" cover is actually going to be? i'll lol so hard if it's just a blank white jacket with a giant sticker on the front. 

have they announced or posted anywhere what the "alternate" cover is actually going to be? i'll lol so hard if it's just a blank white jacket with a giant sticker on the front.

I heard the RSD version is them farting for 30 minutes and it comes with a jar full of farts for a more real experience. Also, the more widely available pressing will be new music packaged as Deja.

Nope, I haven't heard anything. Something die-cut seems like a possibility. With whatever this "paper bag" might mean.

I heard the RSD version is them farting for 30 minutes and it comes with a jar full of farts for a more real experience. Also, the more widely available pressing will be new music packaged as Deja.

Nope, I haven't heard anything. Something die-cut seems like a possibility. With whatever this "paper bag" might mean.

but....how do i frame a paper bag? :(

My store doesnt open til 9am... when does yours?

i got there at 4am last year...i can't remember what time they opened, but i know they fucked up and posted the wrong time online, so i was very happy when it wound up being earlier. i think maybe it was 9 or 9:30 and they had posted 10. 

i was the only one there until about 6 when the regular RSD crew showed up. 

i got there at 4am last year...i can't remember what time they opened, but i know they fucked up and posted the wrong time online, so i was very happy when it wound up being earlier. i think maybe it was 9 or 9:30 and they had posted 10. 

i was the only one there until about 6 when the regular RSD crew showed up. 

Damn. You're determined! Hopefully you got what you were looking for.

Nothing at all I want for RSD this year.

I'm happy I don't have to get up but it's a pretty disappointing list.

Yeah, there isn't anything I feel as though I need.  Jurassic 5 maybe.  Death by Stereo - If Looks Could  Kill I'd Watch You Die I'll probably pick up because my old copy is pretty beat up.  Other than that I don't know what I'll pick up. 

With that said I'll be in line at 3 am and I'll probably spend $300 or more.

Also if you don't have that Death by Stereo record y'all need to pick it up.  Early DBS is A-MAY-ZZING

Damn. You're determined! Hopefully you got what you were looking for.

there was no way that i wasn't going home with a cake boxed set last year. that's all i cared about. 

i'm not the only nutso one though. when i got to my store and saw no one was there, i went to go check out one of the more well-known shops a block away and there was a whole bunch of people already camped out at 4am. the shop i go to is a little less known, so it worked out well. and on a side note, my extreme nerdiness and determination actually got me in the local news as a result :(

With that said I'll be in line at 3 am and I'll probably spend $300 or more.

so much this. i went last year with only one thing in mind and still wound up buying a bunch of other stuff i didn't even plan on getting (including the linkin park/jay-z record which i have exactly ZERO regrets about. that thing is fantastic haha)

on the plus side, my shop gives you a free pint glass for every $100 you spend and they also have free beer (which is totally necessary after not sleeping and standing out in the cold all night).

there was no way that i wasn't going home with a cake boxed set last year. that's all i cared about. 

i'm not the only nutso one though. when i got to my store and saw no one was there, i went to go check out one of the more well-known shops a block away and there was a whole bunch of people already camped out at 4am. the shop i go to is a little less known, so it worked out well. and on a side note, my extreme nerdiness and determination actually got me in the local news as a result :(

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... do you have the news clip?

so much this. i went last year with only one thing in mind and still wound up buying a bunch of other stuff i didn't even plan on getting (including the linkin park/jay-z record which i have exactly ZERO regrets about. that thing is fantastic haha)

on the plus side, my shop gives you a free pint glass for every $100 you spend and they also have free beer (which is totally necessary after not sleeping and standing out in the cold all night).

Damn, wish my Records store had free beer.  They do give a $1 off coupon for a beer though so it's something.  (although I always lose coupons)

I don't know why I'm so dumb, but as record store gets closer the hype gets to me and I must haz all teh recerds. (and yes I did punch myself in the testicles for typing that last part)

Regardless of if I want anything I still plan on going there 4 or 5 hours early.  Each of the past few years we've had the same 6 - 8 people show up early and it's humorous how much we've gotten to know each other just waiting in line for teh vinylz

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic