The next time someone refuses to do what I say to fix their problem, like this guy who refused to powercycle his networking equipment, I'm going to tell him I refuse to help him then. I really don't give a fuck about this job anymore.

my buddy john is in love with this stripper in Sacramento and every time we go to a show there with him he'll slip away and go there/

This is very sad. Don't ever be that guy.

I was in love with a girl who stripped and had another girl who stripped that was in love with me. Of course I didn't meet them at the strip club because I'm not a creep. That shit is good money but from what I've seen not worth the emotional toll long term. Buying a brand new car after working only two nights a week for a few months isn't a bad deal though.

Last time I got dragged to a strip club (I was hammered and my friends tricked me) I spent the whole time with my back to the stage getting blackout drunk. Talked to the bartender about metal/hardcore and she asked if I was gay because I didn't stare at her tits.

So my interview at the firm went pretty well, but they want me to shave my beard. PASS.

I'm not shaving my beard for you, or anybody.

I've only been looking for about a week, so I'm not shaving a beard I've had for 2 years for a job.

If you're hung up on a beard to the point where you wouldn't hire me over it, I don't want to work for you. Haha.

Yeah, if the beard is a thing they want you to get rid of, place would probably be a drag to work in.  I refuse to work any place where I have to cover my tattoos, those just aren't the environment I want to work in.  Good thing a lot of tech companies don't care about that stuff.

The next time someone refuses to do what I say to fix their problem, like this guy who refused to powercycle his networking equipment, I'm going to tell him I refuse to help him then. I really don't give a fuck about this job anymore.

At least half the call center stories I hear are basically "This motherfucker refused to actually do anything I said and got mad it wasn't fixing his problem."

Ok. Women of Small Talk. I try to keep up with what the internet gets angry about so I can avoid it, or at least consciously know when I'm about to stir the pot.  Can someone enlighten me on the problem with the ISO female writer thread? Is it the lack of articulation regarding the need for a specific gender or the fact that it was even mentioned the problem?

I don't necessarily see the desire to include a female perspective, especially in a hobby that tends to skew male, as a negative?

Yeah, if the beard is a thing they want you to get rid of, place would probably be a drag to work in. I refuse to work any place where I have to cover my tattoos, those just aren't the environment I want to work in. Good thing a lot of tech companies don't care about that stuff.

Life is too bullshit and work is too garbage to not look the way you want to look.

Yeah, if the beard is a thing they want you to get rid of, place would probably be a drag to work in.  I refuse to work any place where I have to cover my tattoos, those just aren't the environment I want to work in.  Good thing a lot of tech companies don't care about that stuff.

I knew you would understand.

Yeah, it's bad foreshadowing. I could tell I wouldn't have a good time there. Neither of the two previous firms I worked for cared about my tattoos or beard.

At least half the call center stories I hear are basically "This motherfucker refused to actually do anything I said and got mad it wasn't fixing his problem."

Which is why it is a frustrating job. You call me for help, and don't want to do what I say to fix it, but bitch I don't fix it. Fuck you caller!

According to webmd, it's cancer.

I had something similar my first year of college. I lost my voice for a bout a week, it sucked. My vocal cords have not been the same since. I can;t really talk loud/yell without them hurting, and I can't sing really anymore, which sucks.

According to webmd, it's cancer.

I had something similar my first year of college. I lost my voice for a bout a week, it sucked. My vocal cords have not been the same since. I can;t really talk loud/yell without them hurting, and I can't sing really anymore, which sucks.

Ha, I actually saw that.  Tumor in the vocal chords.  

I know that isn't it.  It's just simple laryngitis.  The symptoms match up better but I do plan on going to the doctor if it isn't gone in a few weeks.  It's much better now, but a few days ago it was crazy how bad it was.  It felt like i was rubbing sandpaper on my vocal chords when I was talking.  Plus it was so humorous how odd my voice was.  My boss even had everyone come in and hear the voicemail I left when I called in last week because it was so hilarious.

Now it's like I'm going through puberty and it just tickles when I talk.

I think my brain is broken with my zoloft withdrawal. Locked myself out of my house on Saturday, just walked out without my keys. Just now left my keys in my car for a few hours after I set them down to clean the inside of my windshield.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic