I should look back on Amazon Prime and find something to watch. Signature gifs here got me to watch Always Sunny but those didn't last long. Watched X-Files, wish I had skipped the last 2 seasons but just had to finish. Maybe I should finally try to figure out where I left off on Buffy. Orphan Black is alright but Im not too driven to watch season 2. There are so many shows on there but Im so picky. Always Sunny was not really my thing but somehow I just couldn't stop watching it, tried Workoholics and it didn't have the same effect. You guys know any shows on there I should watch?

Always Sunny, Orphan Black and Workaholics all get better with time.

I should look back on Amazon Prime and find something to watch. Signature gifs here got me to watch Always Sunny but those didn't last long. Watched X-Files, wish I had skipped the last 2 seasons but just had to finish. Maybe I should finally try to figure out where I left off on Buffy. Orphan Black is alright but Im not too driven to watch season 2. There are so many shows on there but Im so picky. Always Sunny was not really my thing but somehow I just couldn't stop watching it, tried Workoholics and it didn't have the same effect. You guys know any shows on there I should watch?

My first thought was Broad City.  Similar to Workaholics, but not unwatchable in my opinion.  I really kind of have Workaholics.  

If you like nerdy sci-fi stuff Falling Skies is a great series on Amazon Prime

So annoyed. Candace and I have the same fight every few months and we just had it again. I can't see myself staying in Charleston for the rest of my life. Not without trying to make it somewhere else. She is so scared to leave her family and it's maddening. I just wanna say cut the cord but I'm not trying to be insensitive. It seems like my dreams are much bigger than she's willing to accommodate.

So annoyed. Candace and I have the same fight every few months and we just had it again. I can't see myself staying in Charleston for the rest of my life. Not without trying to make it somewhere else. She is so scared to leave her family and it's maddening. I just wanna say cut the cord but I'm not trying to be insensitive. It seems like my dreams are much bigger than she's willing to accommodate.

What if you guys moved somewhere that is close enough to drive back to charleston in a day ? Somewhere like 4-6 hours away ? Is there anywhere in that area that would seem interesting to live ?

What if you guys moved somewhere that is close enough to drive back to charleston in a day ? Somewhere like 4-6 hours away ? Is there anywhere in that area that would seem interesting to live ?

I would be fine with that but she is freaking out. I want to work in Sports Management/Medicine. Either one would require me to be flexible to where the job is. It might be close to Charleston, it might be on the other side of the country.

I would be fine with that but she is freaking out. I want to work in Sports Management/Medicine. Either one would require me to be flexible to where the job is. It might be close to Charleston, it might be on the other side of the country.

Is there anyway to assure her that she would be able to visit her family at least twice a year or something with that idea ? Maybe if she knows for a fact that even though she is far away, she will be able to visit every 4 months or something. Maybe it'll be more manageable that way for her to think about moving ?

Is there anyway to assure her that she would be able to visit her family at least twice a year or something with that idea ? Maybe if she knows for a fact that even though she is far away, she will be able to visit every 4 months or something. Maybe it'll be more manageable that way for her to think about moving ?

I'm fine with that. I guess we were just raised differently. My mother pushed us to go and live. The idea of staying one place scares me.

My family has always moved around. I used to joke that we like to live in as many states as possible. They sound really close, like mine is, and you just make it work. Calls/skype make the world of difference.

I know you know all of this, but it really is just cutting the cord. Could be a really great opportunity for you two to grow together.

On another note, this is cray - http://io9.com/the-photographer-who-took-this-picture-barely-escaped-w-1697051937

I'm sure there must be some middle ground you both can agree to?

That's what we are trying to find.

Yeah, same here... move to the opportunity my family has always said.

My family has always moved around. I used to joke that we like to live in as many states as possible. They sound really close, like mine is, and you just make it work. Calls/skype make the world of difference.

I know you know all of this, but it really is just cutting the cord. Could be a really great opportunity for you two to grow together.

That's how I feel. I love her and I like Charleston but I just want to know if I get a great opportunity somewhere else that I could take it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic