I'm sorry Bruce, that is some bad luck. It's all smooth sailing from here for you guys though!

Lol just got a text that her 2nd FT job is making her either accept a rigid inflexible schedule (she can't because of her other FT job) or they'll fire her. So we're fucked. The worst part is we did the math yesterday and were going to be able to move next month (we JUST found a gorgeous and huge apartment), get me a car, and still go to New Orleans for a week this fall. Now we're 100% fucked.

Came THIS close to being totaled. They replaced the front suspension. We got it back and then the next day the front bumper fell off, they hadn't secured it properly. My gf just bought some bolts and fixed it herself.

Then the next day her tire exploded. I thought bad things came in threes, not dozens. :(

Holy shit !!! That's awful :(

Love hanging up on scam calls while they are in the middle of "you have been randomly selected by the govern..." CLICK! This one even tried calling back which is a first. I should have done it again.

I've gotten calls from "Microsoft" asking to remote into my computer to fix "viruses"... while at work... I work in IT... It's so blatantly obvious it's a scam, I don't understand how people can fall for that shit. 

Of course I'm the one that ends up having to fix the damage these scammers end up doing.

I've gotten calls from "Microsoft" asking to remote into my computer to fix "viruses"... while at work... I work in IT... It's so blatantly obvious it's a scam, I don't understand how people can fall for that shit. 

Of course I'm the one that ends up having to fix the damage these scammers end up doing.

I get "Microsoft technical support" at least once a week and Im a mac user so humoring them for the first few seconds is always fun before I hang up. "Oh okay." CLICK

Old people, unfortunately, are the main target of those scams. My sister got some crappy ransomware once, I was able to get rid of. There are some that are encrypted well, so it's pretty much impossible to without actually paying.

Those phone calls are funny though. I only got one once, and I tried to play along before getting bored and hanging up.

Those phone calls are funny though. I only got one once, and I tried to play along before getting bored and hanging up.

One of my former co-workers got one of those calls at work and strung the dude along for a whole week. It was golden. Guy kept calling back, and then something would "come up that I have to attend to, can you call back tomorrow?"

Glorious.

One of my former co-workers got one of those calls at work and strung the dude along for a whole week. It was golden. Guy kept calling back, and then something would "come up that I have to attend to, can you call back tomorrow?"

Glorious.

Wow that's even better than what I do! Most of the time I don't answer if I recognize the number from a previous call or if I'm bored enough.

Haha, that is funny. I think it'd be fun if I had an old computer with nothing on it and no way for them to access the rest of my network, to let them remote in to "fix" the issue and see what they do.

Old people, unfortunately, are the main target of those scams. My sister got some crappy ransomware once, I was able to get rid of. There are some that are encrypted well, so it's pretty much impossible to without actually paying.

It's really sad to be honest. It's tough for most old folks to catch that kind of thing. They obviously didn't grow up working around computers, so it's hard to sometimes know if something is legit or not.

I mean, it's one thing if someone has an iMac from 2003 expecting it to run the latest version of OS X, but I do feel for them when they're the victim of these remote scams. It is kind of funny though when they expect a computer to last them 10+ years and not go obsolete.

Well, to be fair, they grew up in a time when things were built to last. Cars back then were built to last, now a days no, just like everything else. I'm sure they also fail to understand how technology advances in respect to computers, there was not much around that did that before.

It is sad though, and it makes me angry when I hear about it happening. People who prey on the elderly are scum.

Edit: Anyone who preys on the weak are fucking losers, but preying on the elderly is the worst.

You're definitely right. I always feel bad when I have to tell someone that they pretty much have to buy a computer simply because theirs is too outdated. Doesn't seem quite right to them, but I guess folks from younger generations, like myself, are just used to these kinds of product cycles.

We are, but that does not make it not suck. Computers are the only exception to it for me, but I guess anything major operates off a computer, so it'd be the same thing. Obsolete and outdated should be two different things in these cases.

Gee, You're So Beautiful Its Starting To Rain

Oh, Marcia,

I want your long blonde beauty

to be taught in high school,

so kids will learn that God

lives like music in the skin

and sounds like a sunshine harpsichord.

I want high school report cards

to look like this:

Playing with Gentle Glass Things

A

Computer Magic