Uh, yeah I have the 5-2's starting this Friday-Thanksgiving day. But I get double time and a half for working on Thanksgiving day. So a fat check is on its way.

Damn. That's a lot of shitty shifts, but the money is always awesome at the end once you power through it. Double time and a half sounds crazy. We only got double time on Christmas day at my old job, here we get time and a half one day a year, the day before the 4th of July.

I have 2 records that "shipped" early last week, but tracking still just says label were created :(. My incoming list has shrunk to only about 8 now, from close to 30 the last month or two.

Like you can only get paid for 44 hours, no matter what you work? Effffff that. Banking days off doesn't sound too bad, but I'd rather have the extra 12 hours or whatever paid. Does OT start at >8 hours in a day or >40 hours in a week?

yeah :/ they'll only pay me for 44 hours. so i just keep tabs on when i go over and bank days off. it's kinda crappy, but not sure what i can really do about it. i keep having really ridiculous conversations with my boss where she's trying to tell me to not work as many hours, but i have too much work to do in less hours. and then when i ask people to help, they're all too busy. so no can win :(

Oh fuck yeah, I love that record. Killbot 2000 is my jam.

YESSSSSSS

Best thing Gerard Way has ever done were the guest vocals on that one song. I saw them live a few years ago and they didn't have anyone doing the screams so I did them. Everyone standing around me gave me the weirdest looks

I have got to buy a bike asap.

If/When I move out there, it will be one of my first purchases. I seriously hate cars and driving. Such money pits, and just obnoxious in general.

Cars are overrated. I wish I lived somewhere with good public transit, so I wouldn't need to own a car.

This so MUCH from someone who has worked delivery jobs most of his adult life aside from Managing pizza shops. I hate the helpless feeling it gives me here not to be able to come and go as I please because our PT is constantly on the verge of shutting down from funding issues. And I can't walk 3 miles every day just to get to a bus stop. My SS back time will certainly be relocating me somewhere I can walk a block and catch a ride to town to do my adult duties. Being sick sucks, feeling like someone's child because of it is the worst. 

If/When I move out there, it will be one of my first purchases. I seriously hate cars and driving. Such money pits, and just obnoxious in general.

Hell yes WHEN you move out here. I'm moving to a new spot next month and I'm too close to work to not bike there. It needs to be done.

This so MUCH from someone who has worked delivery jobs most of his adult life aside from Managing pizza shops. I hate the helpless feeling it give me here not to be able to come and go as I please because or PT is constantly on the verge of shutting down from funding issues. And I can't walk 3 miles every day just to get to a bus stop. My SS back time will certainly be relocating me somewhere I can walk a block and catch a ride to town to do my adult duties. Being sick sucks, feeling like someone's child because of it is the worst. 

Yeah that is rough. I have a bus stop 2 houses down from me, but the buses here suck. They are always late, and only take you on main roads. If you have to go anywhere else, you still have to walk far. Every city should have a good public transit system in place. It would solve so many problems, but I'm sure the automotive industry that killed that years ago would love it. We had trolly's until the 50's here.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic