yeah. and time and a half for overtime. but it caps at 44 hours/wk. i've just been keeping a stockpile of all my overages to use for a free day off. actually took off friday and today with my lovely extra hours :D

Like you can only get paid for 44 hours, no matter what you work? Effffff that. Banking days off doesn't sound too bad, but I'd rather have the extra 12 hours or whatever paid. Does OT start at >8 hours in a day or >40 hours in a week?

Did they go through your b button?

I swear I just have a hole there now. No button, just straight access to my guts.

Basically they had to throw in the hernia surgery to get my appendix out of it so I got a buy one get one free :) I have two bandages where the tubes went in and another over my navel so I'm honestly not totally sure what it looks like yet. Today is going to be my first shower so I am scared of what that is going to feel like :(

Thats fucked. As soon as I hit 8 hours in a day my OT starts. I am going to rack up OT Thanksgiving week.

Yeah, it sucks. We can only get OT if approved too, since the company we work for refuses to pay it to their contractors otherwise. Anytime I'm over my time, I have to leave early the next day.

Nice, big bucks next week.

That's how it was in SC. Hated it. Worked 12 hour shifts but it was 3 one week and 4 the next, so the pay was all weird.

Ohio's labor laws are shitty in general. Fuck at will states.

If you're salary here, they don't have to pay you OT. Not sure if that is the same everywhere. Thankfully I'm hourly. My old job was the best for it, since we always got paid on the 1st and 16th, so I'd always have some OT on my check with how my schedule fell.

I am going to rack up OT Thanksgiving week.

My old job was the best thanksgiving week, since I always had Thursday and Friday off there. I'd get time and a half for working thanksgiving and the day after, but it did suck to work 12 days in a row though.

My old job was the best thanksgiving week, since I always had Thursday and Friday off there. I'd get time and a half for working thanksgiving and the day after, but it did suck to work 12 days in a row though.

Uh, yeah I have the 5-2's starting this Friday-Thanksgiving day. But I get double time and a half for working on Thanksgiving day. So a fat check is on its way.

I like this. A lot.

I was posting about their split song with The Saddest Landscape last night. Their half will tear your heart out.

WHEN YOURE CLOSE I AM GONE

CAUSE WHERE I AM I WONT STAY LONG

AND I KNOW ITS HARD TO WAIT FOR ME WHEN IM IM AFRAID TO LET YOU IN

PLEASE DONT GIVE IN

ILL CLEAR MY HEAD ONE DAY

Dig up the Dead is fucking marvelous!!! After two minutes I'm totally drawn in Brian. Cool to read they recorded this in WInston Salem which is right down the road from me like 2 hours.

I found out I used to live 10 minutes down the road (seriously, just a straight shot from my apartment) from where Murder By Death recorded Who Will Survive...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic