Saw it coming. Timing wasn't the best for the joke, but the sentiment still stands. I was pretty sure it was universally liked. That being said, I do thing PC culture has gotten out of hand. There really isn't anything that shouldn't be joked about as long as people know there is a serious issue because at the end of the day humor is just a way to cope with how shitty the world can be.

I am not a PC person; I am just sensitive about this issue today because I found out a friend of mine who may have been at that show is missing.

Hmm... I haven't checked out their discography as extensively as I would like. I really need to get on it one day. I haven't listened to a King Crimson album in general in awhile, shit. So much good music inn da w0rL

Getting dangerously close to 666 posts...

Certainly worth the time since there is a TON of stuff to plow through, just be patient though as it can be taxing to pick your spots to dive in. What jazz album was it you mentioned in your list? It's so far back now in pages I can't find it lol. Being a jazz fan helps a LOT when picking up King Crimson as a new band to like as well. I've got a huge spot for Jazz and it's not limited to "Standard Jazz" as most would adhere to (Miles, Coltrane, & such). I love Medeski, Martin, & Wood very very much. Jazz fusion is so fun, as long as it's not overly noodly, and is the perfect lead in to Prog rock imho

I am not a PC person; I am just sensitive about this issue today because I found out a friend of mine who may have been at that show is missing.

I gotcha then, but I wasn't targeting that issue specifically if it's any consolation, it'd honestly slipped my mind at the time of posting until just after I'd posted.

literally the only copy of this record that i could find anywhere was at some store/distro out in slovakia.

I ordered that Satanic Surfers RP from Spain but I paid through PP so I should be covered.

Not sure if you saw or not, but if you can snag me that Coheed if you make it back there, I'd appreciate it. It isn't a huge deal so please don't go out of your way to get it, but I do enjoy it $30. Gave it another listen last night and I digg.

I BURNED UP YOUR LETTERS

MY MEMORY SUITS ME BETTER

CHANGED MY NAME

MADE MY MOVE

IM NOT THE ONE WHO LAID BESIDE YOU

FORGET BEFORE AND CLOSE THAT DOOR

Like what the fuck, this album.

Yessss. I'm so happy to turn you on to this record. I don't know many people who know Mansions.

Yeah, it wasn't particularly funny. I carried a running joke between my dad and I here out of habit. We have a series of jokes that are stupid and tacky and are only funny to us because we have so thoroughly beat the dead horse. /r/unexpectedjihad and uncyclopedia still get a combination of cringe and hysterical laughter out of me.

I discovered uncyclopedia in 8th grade while researching for a paper. I found the article about Toy Story and hilarity ensued.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic