It was overlooked by myself for the longest time until someone on another board pointed it out and I'll always be grateful for that. I need some King Crimson wax.

Discipline is another hidden Gem. Once they got past the first couple of line up changes they still had some awesome stuff to crank out. Tony Levin is a mad man with that Chapman Stick

Discipline is another hidden Gem. Once they got past the first couple of line up changes they still had some awesome stuff to crank out. Tony Levin is a mad man with that Chapman Stick

Hmm... I haven't checked out their discography as extensively as I would like. I really need to get on it one day. I haven't listened to a King Crimson album in general in awhile, shit. So much good music inn da w0rL

Getting dangerously close to 666 posts...

Fripp and Belew are amazing guitarists; I have stolen so much from them.

Indeed!! An ex's little brother was showing me videos of a class that Fripp teaches for players and he was having them tune to the scale a cello holds... Nothing but fun from that guy. Belew is amazing and thus, I will never hold that awful skinny tie 80's look against him lol

Indeed!! An ex's little brother was showing me videos of a class that Fripp teaches for players and he was having them tune to the scale a cello holds... Nothing but fun from that guy. Belew is amazing and thus, I will never hold that awful skinny tie 80's look against him lol

I tape distances to my speaker cab like he does

I warned him

Saw it coming. Timing wasn't the best for the joke, but the sentiment still stands. I was pretty sure it was universally liked. That being said, I do thing PC culture has gotten out of hand. There really isn't anything that shouldn't be joked about as long as people know there is a serious issue because at the end of the day humor is just a way to cope with how shitty the world can be.

Hall's?

It's not even that it's really sore all over, but on the far left side it's got a hot spot if you wanna put it that way. I'm assuming it's from the tube scrapping my inner trachea, but don't remember if I had this after my pace maker surgery because that was a decade ago now

Saw it coming. Timing wasn't the best for the joke, but the sentiment still stands. I was pretty sure it was universally liked. That being said, I do thing PC culture has gotten out of hand. There really isn't anything that shouldn't be joked about as long as people know there is a serious issue because at the end of the day humor is just a way to cope with how shitty the world can be.

Why do teenagers think they're being truly subversive with this shit? I was the same way and some of it IS true. Everything can be joked about but it needs to actually comment on the subject in a meaningful way. Like, Louis CK's bit about the word faggot is hilarious, but he's a professional and a truly brilliant comedian. It doesn't make two dudes calling each other faggots at the bar ok.

Why do teenagers think they're being truly subversive with this shit? I was the same way and some of it IS true. Everything can be joked about but it needs to actually comment on the subject in a meaningful way. Like, Louis CK's bit about the word faggot is hilarious, but he's a professional and a truly brilliant comedian. It doesn't make two dudes calling each other faggots at the bar ok.

It still has to be funny though, and it was both unfunny and offensive

It still has to be funny though, and it was both unfunny and offensive

Yeah, it wasn't particularly funny. I carried a running joke between my dad and I here out of habit. We have a series of jokes that are stupid and tacky and are only funny to us because we have so thoroughly beat the dead horse. /r/unexpectedjihad and uncyclopedia still get a combination of cringe and hysterical laughter out of me.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic