I've applied for like 4 jobs this last month and never got any calls back. The optimist in me wants to believe it's because I listed my experience as a manager or something and they thought I had a commitment, but otherwise I don't know. There are some really really stupid people I know who have jobs.

Getting jobs can be pretty hard, yeah.

Yeah, they are not cheap.

That sorta sucks. What happened to the job you had recently? It does sound like you need to return to VA for now, but you can't really default on that last month of your rental agreement. You can always pay the last month and leave, not sure how that'd affect you or Brian though.

Yeah, well the job I did have let me go a while ago cause they decided to go back to what they were doing. So they let the two new people go, out of nowhere. Didn't even give me a two weeks. It was so fucked up. So I applied to other places, and as time went on I've been realizing I need to get out of here for my mental health, so moving would be the best thing. It's just this last month is awkward. I need money to move but a month isn't long enough to get a job, and make some money - like a normal 9 - 5. I don't want to bail, and leave Brian hanging in any way. I'll probably have to end up borrowing money from my Dad, which I've never done, I hate asking for favors, but that's the spot I'm in.

My friend that is from RVA is moving back too, so I'm trying to figure out something with her so we can move at the same time.

Yeah, well the job I did have let me go a while ago cause they decided to go back to what they were doing. So they let the two new people go, out of nowhere. Didn't even give me a two weeks. It was so fucked up. So I applied to other places, and as time went on I've been realizing I need to get out of here for my mental health, so moving would be the best thing. It's just this last month is awkward. I need money to move but a month isn't long enough to get a job, and make some money - like a normal 9 - 5. I don't want to bail, and leave Brian hanging in any way. I'll probably have to end up borrowing money from my Dad, which I've never done, I hate asking for favors, but that's the spot I'm in.

My friend that is from RVA is moving back too, so I'm trying to figure out something with her so we can move at the same time.

That is super shitty. Companies should not be allowed to do that. Yeah, don't I can see not wanting to leave Brian hanging if you can help it. Borrowing money is the worst, I've only had to do it once. My parents are fine with it, but I still feel like shit doing it. Hopefully something pops up you can do for a bit to get by until you return.

When you get back over this way and settled and get comfortable again we should deff hook up a Small talk southeast meet or something. I think there's enough of us to form a "chapter" as the biker guys call it lol

That is super shitty. Companies should not be allowed to do that. Yeah, don't I can see not wanting to leave Brian hanging if you can help it. Borrowing money is the worst, I've only had to do it once. My parents are fine with it, but I still feel like shit doing it. Hopefully something pops up you can do for a bit to get by until you return.

Yes, leaving Brian hanging would not be cool. He has to pay two different rents for December to seal the deal on his new place. Yay :).

Yeah, you think they wouldn't be able to do that, especially when I signed a damn offer letter and everything. Fuck it. I hated that job anything. It wasn't anything like they led it on to be. And odds are I'm just going to sell some camera equipment to cover it, and then peace out in a month. Just counting down the days.

When you get back over this way and settled and get comfortable again we should deff hook up a Small talk southeast meet or something. I think there's enough of us to form a "chapter" as the biker guys call it lol

Hahahaha. Sounds go to me. I'll go from NOMAD to ... what, what the fuck do we call that area? VA isn't the South. Hmmm.

Yeah, you think they wouldn't be able to do that, especially when I signed a damn offer letter and everything. Fuck it. I hated that job anything. It wasn't anything like they led it on to be. And odds are I'm just going to sell some camera equipment to cover it, and then peace out in a month. Just counting down the days.

That's exactly what happened with this job. I need to damn money though. Having to sell shit sucks, but it's better than nothing sometimes.

Ok, so quick question for audiophiles or anyone with a turntable really:

The reason I know that my gf is looking to get me a turntable is because she was like "Can you ask your vinyl friends a question. I'm trying to figure out how to get the turntable to work with our speakers and the audiophile dude I work with is one of those assholes who thinks you need to spend $2000 on every piece of equipment."

So I have an LP60 and powered speakers with a subwoofer that we use for the tv and the record player. The 60 has a built in preamp, the Uturn or Carbon doesn't. Will an under $100 phono preamp allow us to connect to the speakers considering the LP60 works just fine with them? If so, any recommendations? We both figured it would be fine but this asshole she asked is like "No, you need all of these expensive things" I'm sure he's full of shit, but any help is appreciated

I'm super late responding to this, but I'd say for the time being grab a cheap receiver with a phono input at goodwill. You can grab one for under $30 usually

I'm super late responding to this, but I'd say for the time being grab a cheap receiver with a phono input at goodwill. You can grab one for under $30 usually

Bruce, I back what Jon says.

Most audiophiles are douche bags who would rather brag about $10,000+ worth of equipment rather than enjoy listening to their records. The idiocy of that community baffles me. Either get a cheap receiver with phono inputs, or a get a cheap phono premap. Either will do you. Then just upgrade as you go.

Bruce, I back what Jon says.

Most audiophiles are douche bags who would rather brag about $10,000+ worth of equipment rather than enjoy listening to their records. The idiocy of that community baffles me. Either get a cheap receiver with phono inputs, or a get a cheap phono premap. Either will do you. Then just upgrade as you go.

If you can't find one let me know and I'll find one locally for you

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic