UPS doesn't do residential freight / LTL. So I guess I'll try my luck at a moving company and see if I can piggy back on a truck.

That's kinda lame, but I guess it's not really the most profitable thing for them. Fed Ex/DHL?

My next two weeks went from a relaxing time for planning and catching up to having to go up north to do one of the most labor intensive jobs we have.

At least I'm off my birthday/Christmas week! For now..

That sucks, and is cool at the same type. I have meant to ask you before, what field are you in that you do so much traveling?

so sick of shit ppl scheduling showings and making stupid ass comments as feedback.

i dont give a flying frack about selling and wanting to move during the winter anyhow. i can wait.

but cmon man.

one of the listings on the house: Built in 1920.

GTFO of my face. i want to scissor kick you in the face.

That sucks, and is cool at the same type. I have meant to ask you before, what field are you in that you do so much traveling?

Just found out the hardest stuff is done! Woo! The second week will be a lot of standing around while the machines are load tested.

I am a service tech for uninterruptible power supply systems. Electronics/electrical stuff. We just had a meeting today about all the projects we have right now and it's nuts. I'll probably be in Reno, somewhere in NC, Columbus, my area, and the Bay Area over the next few months.

Just found out the hardest stuff is done! Woo! The second week will be a lot of standing around while the machines are load tested.

I am a service tech for uninterruptible power supply systems. Electronics/electrical stuff. We just had a meeting today about all the projects we have right now and it's nuts. I'll probably be in Reno, somewhere in NC, Columbus, my area, and the Bay Area over the next few months.

Nice, that is super cool. I deal with UPS' a bit at the help desk, but not physically. Just tell people to replace batteries when they ask why it keeps beeping.

Nice, that is super cool. I deal with UPS' a bit at the help desk, but not physically. Just tell people to replace batteries when they ask why it keeps beeping.

Ah yeah, the little stuff ;). We have some stuff that's like 20-100 kva, but a lot of the units I'm working on are systems from like 1-2 MW. I'm still fascinated by our products and how everything works.

Ah yeah, the little stuff ;). We have some stuff that's like 20-100 kva, but a lot of the units I'm working on are systems from like 1-2 MW. I'm still fascinated by our products and how everything works.

I'm sure yours run more than a PC, set-up up a server and a few thinclient computers in a Goodyear store. I imagine you do ones that supply entire server clusters and such.

I'm sure yours run more than a PC, set-up up a server and a few thinclient computers in a Goodyear store. I imagine you do ones that supply entire server clusters and such.

Yep, exactly. We power data centers, hospitals, servers for various places. The machines constantly put out conditioned power and then go to battery backup on a loss of power to allow for time for generators to start. Hence, uninterruptible (for those wondering). Also the batteries are like car batteries. Sort of. Sometimes they're wet cells, but usually not.

Moving company is out.

Smartbox / POD is out.

Uhaul is out.

Looks like my only option is USPS. Hmm. Guess I'll be selling my furniture then. I don't want to get rid of my Kallax. : (

That sucks. Did you check the YRC link I posted before?

Yeah. They're all too expensive. Like $1200-1500. Not really worth it. :/

Yeah, fuck that. Seems USPS is it, unless you can get someone to fly out to you and drive a uhaul van back.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic