I've heard good things, but still never really heard one (I think I heard a song at the local record shop on one, but was not paying attention to the music). Might be more of a lateral move honestly, but you can get more out of the u-orbit than the at without doing some soldering and such.

True. Honestly other than that one, I'd have no idea where to go within my price range.

Outside of finding a good vintage table, anything will be a lateral move most likely, depending on your budget. At least with the u-turn, you can see if you like belt drives, get a nice acrylic platter and check out a decent range of carts. It is going to sound different, because it is a different table, but it can help show you what kind of table's sound you like more (dd vs belt). There is nothing wrong with AT as a table at all, so don't think you need to upgrade if you are worried about the lateral move.

Outside of finding a good vintage table, anything will be a lateral move most likely, depending on your budget. At least with the u-turn, you can see if you like belt drives, get a nice acrylic platter and check out a decent range of carts. It is going to sound different, because it is a different table, but it can help show you what kind of table's sound you like more (dd vs belt). There is nothing wrong with AT as a table at all, so don't think you need to upgrade if you are worried about the lateral move.

I was thinking that or maybe http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DUER2S6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=21A99W59OB63O&coliid=IJ3IAKHKV3BOC

Same lateral move. The Pro-jects do have really nice arms though, and they can accept tons of different carts without issue. It also has anti-skate, which is good. Pro-jects can suffer from hum issues, which usually comes down to the transit screws, but I have read some people can not get rid of it. If you go with a Pro-ject, go with the carbon since the arm is much nicer and they fixed some motor issues.

I saw that. I wish the Florida shows weren't weekdays. Papa Juan and I saw O'bro open for MtB a few months back and it was awesome.

Thought of that just now when I saw the tour dates. That was an awesome line-up then. I was very impressed and blown away by O'brother.

Halp me, oh wise ones.

Been in the same boat for a year. I bought an LP-60 because I thought I had read they were decent. I was wrong and I guess it's the 120 that's decent so I now have this junk taking up space in my desk while I'm still lost on what kinda of TT to get. So fuckin discouraging.

Been in the same boat for a year. I bought an LP-60 because I thought I had read they were decent. I was wrong and I guess it's the 120 that's decent so I now have this junk taking up space in my desk while I'm still lost on what kinda of TT to get. So fuckin discouraging.

I'm selling the 120, and it is a great turntable. I'm just looking for something that has a little more style, and is not as big. I recommend the 120 to a lot of people.

I took the day off from work today as I worked on Saturday. Went and got my oil changed and car maintenance and all that jazz. Went to Publix to get some groceries and had an opportunity to hit on this very cute girl who was making eye contact with me. So what did I do? Nothing! I just froze and couldn't get any words out.

I am so damn lame.

/useless post typical of a n00b

Never even heard of that band but damn that shit sold fast

It's Andy Hull's (Manchester Orchestra) side project. The music is quite good, but may not be up your alley. It's been in some demand since the first pressing sold rather quickly as well, but something tells me this is more a case of dolphins than anything.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic