i dont think i had problems before. this is about nitpicking submission info. your photo is unacceptable, you listed the release as US so take out 'US pressing' from the notes, remove credits from notes (that i didnt put there), do you even own the items your submitting?, etc. its been fun. 

Oh, thought you had an issue with someone not paying or something a while back. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Yeah, people are assholes on their for submissions sometimes. I'm fine with starting to original, and letting people do what they want. I don't care, as long as it gets the release in the collection list.

That's never fun :( Hope you get it squared away enough so that they quit doing that; it's not like you're not trying to put a good amount of effort in or anything

Most people just make the changes themselves if they see an error, don't they? I thought that was sort of the point of the crowd sourcing basis that the site is built on. This person just went through every submission I made (Which there isn't many. Maybe 6?) and tore every single one apart. Like with the unacceptable photos. If it shows what the release is of, how can it be unacceptable? They kept referencing the site as "our" guidelines which leads me to believe they work or volunteer for the site. But there are much nicer ways to go about correcting someone for small errors.

Oh, wait, are you talking about Discogs not eBay?

Right, this was on discogs.

Oh, thought you had an issue with someone not paying or something a while back. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Yeah, people are assholes on their for submissions sometimes. I'm fine with starting to original, and letting people do what they want. I don't care, as long as it gets the release in the collection list.

Yeah someone didn't pay but this person seems to be working for discogs or something. They kept referring to the guidelines as "ours."

That's what I assumed what would happen and what has happened for all the time I've used the site. If there's an error, someone fixes it. No need to make me go back and fix mindless things like unacceptable photos and what is or isn't allowed in the notes like I'm in 4th grade trying to finish a worksheet lol.

Most people just make the changes themselves if they see an error, don't they? I thought that was sort of the point of the crowd sourcing basis that the site is built on. This person just went through every submission I made (Which there isn't many. Maybe 6?) and tore every single one apart. Like with the unacceptable photos. If it shows what the release is of, how can it be unacceptable? They kept referencing the site as "our" guidelines which leads me to believe they work or volunteer for the site. But there are much nicer ways to go about correcting someone for small errors.

Some people don't edit submissions they didn't create...apparently there are really territorial people on Discogs who hate it when anyone else edits their listing. I think it's pretty fuckin' stupid, but it happens.

Some people don't edit submissions they didn't create...apparently there are really territorial people on Discogs who hate it when anyone else edits their listing. I think it's pretty fuckin' stupid, but it happens.

That's crazy lol. I always figured that discogs is the wikipedia for record collecting. Nobody owns a listing thats created. Especially if there's info that can be improved upon. Eyeroll.

I'm done submitting anything.

Right, this was on discogs.

Yeah someone didn't pay but this person seems to be working for discogs or something. They kept referring to the guidelines as "ours."

That's what I assumed what would happen and what has happened for all the time I've used the site. If there's an error, someone fixes it. No need to make me go back and fix mindless things like unacceptable photos and what is or isn't allowed in the notes like I'm in 4th grade trying to finish a worksheet lol.

No. Finish your fucking worksheet. And eat yer damn vegetables

That's crazy lol. I always figured that discogs is the wikipedia for record collecting. Nobody owns a listing thats created. Especially if there's info that can be improved upon. Eyeroll.

I'm done submitting anything.

Actually, it's a huge issue on Wikipedia, too. People hate being questioned or called wrong, and that's what they see it as when their precious article is edited. It's ridiculous.

Actually, it's a huge issue on Wikipedia, too. People hate being questioned or called wrong, and that's what they see it as when their precious article is edited. It's ridiculous.

Y I K E S

some people gotta learn to swallow their pride lol. i'd never assume i know more than anyone else on any subject.

If this place has taught me anything it's that there is no shortage of assholes and stupid fucks on the internet. Totally not surprised.

Not that familiar with the story, but from what I can gather he lost his mind on drugs?

drugs, he strived for perfection, he was kind of insane, it all came together and blew up. He couldn't make the album he wanted, there are some crazy stories surrounding the recordings. Like making everyone crawl around like pigs while recording "Barnyard"

kill me now

The newest release from Enjoy The Toons, a 7″ tribute record to classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tracks, will go on sale Friday, at 12:30 p.m. (EST). The 7″ will be released on 6 variants, with the four turtles represented (color stripe indicating each, limited to 200), Splinter (brown, 100) and Shredder (silver, 100). The former also includes turtle B-side labels.

You can stream the tribute songs below, featuring both the comic themes and songs from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/01/21/tmnt-7s-going-on-sale-friday/

kill me now

The newest release from Enjoy The Toons, a 7″ tribute record to classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tracks, will go on sale Friday, at 12:30 p.m. (EST). The 7″ will be released on 6 variants, with the four turtles represented (color stripe indicating each, limited to 200), Splinter (brown, 100) and Shredder (silver, 100). The former also includes turtle B-side labels.

You can stream the tribute songs below, featuring both the comic themes and songs from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/01/21/tmnt-7s-going-on-sale-friday/

yeah the etr mystery thread has been tearing it apart lol

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic