Just dropped 10 cents here. Sorry you've got it going the wrong direction T3 :(

It is really that is jumped like that. It was $1.49 on my way to work, and $1.79 on the way home. I have not seen a jump like that in a long time.

It is really that is jumped like that. It was $1.49 on my way to work, and $1.79 on the way home. I have not seen a jump like that in a long time.

We dropped from $1.89 to $1.79 here. I've seen spikes like that, but not in a good few years, back when gas was jumping upwards of $3.50+ a gallon

We dropped from $1.89 to $1.79 here. I've seen spikes like that, but not in a good few years, back when gas was jumping upwards of $3.50+ a gallon

Yeah, it's been a few years since it jump. Thankfully gas is always sorta cheapish here. I've only paid more than $3 for it once.

The shop I got my receiver from currently has a used Project Xpression II w/ Speedbox and Phonobox included listed in their inventory for $400. If it's still there once my tax refund comes in, I might take a look at it. I've been eyeing a U-Turn Orbit package, but I think this might be better? Small Talk, please advise.

That seems almost like too good a deal. The Expression II is around $1k alone, the speed box is like $129, and same with the phono. Does it have a cartridge? I'd jump on it if you can verify there is nothing wrong with it, and it does not have a shitty cart on it.

The shop I got my receiver from currently has a used Project Xpression II w/ Speedbox and Phonobox included listed in their inventory for $400. If it's still there once my tax refund comes in, I might take a look at it. I've been eyeing a U-Turn Orbit package, but I think this might be better? Small Talk, please advise.

That's a good price. Does it come with the OM10 cart? Sounds like it might not at that price. The only thing you'll need to get it probably some new feet for better isolation (if it has a cart). Other than that you'll be fucking set. It's a very clean looking table, and has a nice warm sound. You'll be happy.

Yeah, get that in store demo, son!

I'm leaning towards buying from that shop over buying something online as it is, partly because I want to be able to hear something at work before I pay for it, and also because this shop is really friendly towards customers. When I went in looking for speakers, I had my eye on some A5's, and instead of just rushing me to make a purchase, the staff sat down with me, asked what my budget was and what I was wanting out of my set up in the long term...then gave me free run of their listening room to test out a bunch of different stuff until I found what I wanted. Very low pressure, very much focused on getting me the best bang for my buck, rather than just trying to get my money ASAP. I'd rather give them some more business than go online just to save a few bucks.

I'm leaning towards buying from that shop over buying something online as it is, partly because I want to be able to hear something at work before I pay for it, and also because this shop is really friendly towards customers. When I went in looking for speakers, I had my eye on some A5's, and instead of just rushing me to make a purchase, the staff sat down with me, asked what my budget was and what I was wanting out of my set up in the long term...then gave me free run of their listening room to test out a bunch of different stuff until I found what I wanted. Very low pressure, very much focused on getting me the best bang for my buck, rather than just trying to get my money ASAP. I'd rather give them some more business than go online just to save a few bucks.

That sound awesome. Even if they're the nicest dudes you've ever met, I would still get an in store demo. Not only to make sure it works properly, but to see if the sound stage / performance is what you're after. If you're going to drop hundreds of dollars on a table, don't you want to make sure you're spending your money wisely?

That sound awesome. Even if they're the nicest dudes you've ever met, I would still get an in store demo. Not only to make sure it works properly, but to see if the sound stage / performance is what you're after. If you're going to drop hundreds of dollars on a table, don't you want to make sure you're spending your money wisely?

I think they'd insist on it anyway. There was a guy in the store when I went to pick up the speakers I'd bought who clearly had come in looking to just buy something off the shelf, and they were really trying hard to convince him to stay in the shop and actually try stuff out. 

I'm way too stingy to spend that much money on something without playing with it first. Definitely wasn't meaning to imply I'd buy untested, I just wanted to talk up my shop. Haha.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic