My parents are insisting on helping me out of the red, and it shouldn't make me feel guilty but it does. I just feel worse, I'd give anything to have the confidence or stress threshold to be a normal, functioning adult. It just makes me feel ridiculous that a fucking $25 battery has the ability to cause financial ruin. I feel like I've tried every positive change to improve my attitude and confidence, joined a gym, went on medication, went to therapy, started yoga, started meditation, tried to expand my social network and i just don't feel like anything is helping. Sorry to throw a pity party, but I just feel like I've always tried to do the right thing, and I've never been successful in life and it's become harder than ever to get back up

No, I totally get what you're saying. Our broken brains just won't let us escape. At least you're trying, so at some point it should click for you and things will improve. Don't give up over a set back, just keep moving forward.

Awesome, thanks dude. Hopefully I can do something about that warp.

Spring needs to finally get here so I can start coldbrewing my coffee again.

No problem. I've have it sandwiched between other records for a while, so hopefully that flattened it out a bit.

Awesome, thanks dude. Hopefully I can do something about that warp.

Spring needs to finally get here so I can start coldbrewing my coffee again.

If not send it to me and I have a shop with a record press that'll do it for you 

I want to pick up some of the Slayer RPs but I can't bring myself to pay $24 for a half hour of music on a single disc.

What about, I dunno, 18PPDish and I ship your other stuff that's laying around? :P:wub:

So I'm going to finally try to cut back on pop, and am thinking of grabbing a filter water bottle for work. Anyone have one, any suggestions on one? Preferably one that has cheap replacement filter, bpa-free, etc.

How so?

my roommate and i looked up directions and it said to grind the beans at a medium coarse and we did and then to let it sit for at least 12 hours and i did it a little bit longer but it tasted awful. I didn't measure the amount of beans i used but i thought it was enough but it was so weak. it was disgusting.

my roommate and i looked up directions and it said to grind the beans at a medium coarse and we did and then to let it sit for at least 12 hours and i did it a little bit longer but it tasted awful. I didn't measure the amount of beans i used but i thought it was enough but it was so weak. it was disgusting.

Ah yeah, getting the measurements rift can take some trial and error.

I use this and I found that filling the filter and then filling the pitcher works perfectly. No guess work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FFLY64U?vs=1

My parents are insisting on helping me out of the red, and it shouldn't make me feel guilty but it does. I just feel worse, I'd give anything to have the confidence or stress threshold to be a normal, functioning adult. It just makes me feel ridiculous that a fucking $25 battery has the ability to cause financial ruin. I feel like I've tried every positive change to improve my attitude and confidence, joined a gym, went on medication, went to therapy, started yoga, started meditation, tried to expand my social network and i just don't feel like anything is helping. Sorry to throw a pity party, but I just feel like I've always tried to do the right thing, and I've never been successful in life and it's become harder than ever to get back up

I just wanted to say that I think you're making amazing strides, regardless of a small set back. The fact that you've made a lot of incredibly positive changes in your life is a testament to how much you've been succeeding. It's easy and understandable to get stressed about money (I'm right there with you) but instead of focusing on your perceived negative implications of getting help with finances temporarily, appreciate that your family loves you and wants to honestly help you out. You deserve help every now and then!

As a side note, I got overdrafted 4 times this past year because of $3 uber rides, which ended up totaling $140 of fees. I went in and met with a banker to explain how it was an honest mistake - I thought I put my charges to a different account - and she cleared the fees for me.

Maybe attempt the same and it could turn around for you?

I just wanted to say that I think you're making amazing strides, regardless of a small set back. The fact that you've made a lot of incredibly positive changes in your life is a testament to how much you've been succeeding. It's easy and understandable to get stressed about money (I'm right there with you) but instead of focusing on your perceived negative implications of getting help with finances temporarily, appreciate that your family loves you and wants to honestly help you out. You deserve help every now and then!

As a side note, I got overdrafted 4 times this past year because of $3 uber rides, which ended up totaling $140 of fees. I went in and met with a banker to explain how it was an honest mistake - I thought I put my charges to a different account - and she cleared the fees for me.

Maybe attempt the same and it could turn around for you?

I'd also say it might be worth calling PayPal a few different times because sometimes different workers are more willing g to help and bump you up the chain to people who can bend the rules than others

Ah yeah, getting the measurements rift can take some trial and error.

I use this and I found that filling the filter and then filling the pitcher works perfectly. No guess work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FFLY64U?vs=1

Ooooooh that looks awesome ! I'm going to try and get it on my next paycheck. If I can get the cold brew right, I could start bringing coffee with me to work.

It would be one thing if you weren't even trying or didn't even care but you're doing your best so feel good about that. It might take you longer to get back on track that you would hope but you're going in the right direction so don't feel bad about it. You have no idea how many breakdowns I've had over the past year because I've had absolutely no money to even eat. We all go through this and some of us take a little longer to get back on our feet so don't feel bad about it. Just take it one day at a time and if people want to help, just know it's because we've all been there and we know how it feels.

You're familiar with my situation Kevin, and I'm right there with you in wishing I could get back to what was normal 10 years ago to me really. If they offer the help, accept it as it is only a showing of their level of love and caring for you. I'm learning that right now with my mother as well. I'm still stuck with no income just as I was not long back, but I know I am loved here without condition and that helps me not feel like a burden as I did in my previous environment. You're trying, as am I, and that's what counts. Mistakes happen, as did this. Hopefully the bank will waive the fees for you or Paypal will take care of it. Chin up my friend :)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic