I once owned an OG 3xLP The Fragile

I'm an idiot and would very much like that repressed.

I was stoked when Downward Spiral started showing up again. I almost spent $70 the week before the silent RP happened. It's a really killer sounding record too. The mastering is just so awesome. Drums at the end of Piggy with my new amp cranked is some serious eargasm material.

My most wanted RPs right now are decent RPs of the OOP Death stuff (heard BoB blows and it's OOP now anyway), Pearl Jam, Manson, NIN, Mars Volta, and good pressings of some of the Alkaline Trio stuff. I've owned multiple copies of Crimson and Good Mourning and they all sounded like horse shit. My Infirmary isn't great either. Oh, and speaking of which, decent pressings of the first two Fall of Troy records would be nice since Enjoy the Ross pressed them from shitty MP3s

Haha! Infirmary is the last good Alk3 album anyway. Good Mourning was acceptable, but not great. Those first 3 albums are pure gold though, and my copies all sound good.

All that other shit...meh. I'm only really into two Death records anyway. FoT was something I really liked when I was younger, but at this point I'd only grab a Doppleganger if it was like $15.

Haha! Infirmary is the last good Alk3 album anyway. Good Mourning was acceptable, but not great. Those first 3 albums are pure gold though, and my copies all sound good.

All that other shit...meh. I'm only really into two Death records anyway. FoT was something I really liked when I was younger, but at this point I'd only grab a Doppleganger if it was like $15.

I agree with that 300%.

The drum fills in this song make me happy:

I dig the first two FoT records. Death/Chuck can do no wrong IMO, I love the hell out of them. The first three ALK albums are definitely the best, and I'd say Good Mourning was serviceable and Crimson was kinda okay. Just incredably lackluster compared to the other output. Infirmary was probably my favorite. I don't think Crimson was an awful album, just an awful Alkaline Trio album. It was too different from anything else they did. Maybe it's worth trading around in my Infirmary if yours sounds good, what pressing is it?

I agree with that 300%.

The drum fills in this song make me happy:

The whole fucking album makes me happy. They played it on the PA at a venue I was at before the show and I legit got a pit started and they cranked it up after that and it was the best thing ever. Pissed Skiba is touring with Blonk instead of ALK3 right now :c

I dig the first two FoT records. Death/Chuck can do no wrong IMO, I love the hell out of them. The first three ALK albums are definitely the best, and I'd say Good Mourning was serviceable and Crimson was kinda okay. Just incredably lackluster compared to the other output. Infirmary was probably my favorite. I don't think Crimson was an awful album, just an awful Alkaline Trio album. It was too different from anything else they did. Maybe it's worth trading around in my Infirmary if yours sounds good, what pressing is it?

::pensive exhale:: uhhhhh...some black copy from between 5 and 10 years ago I'd say? I actually probably haven't listened to it in like 2 years because my go-to albums are Goddamnit and the S/T comp.

Now I have to listen to it tomorrow :)

I feel like I'm the only person who really enjoyed Manipulator.

You are. The new album is garbage too.

I'm still annoyed with Fall of Troy because of Equal Vision street teamers. EVR is based here and street team kids were at every god damn show back 10-12 years ago.

What's so bad about EVR street teamers?

::pensive exhale:: uhhhhh...some black copy from between 5 and 10 years ago I'd say? I actually probably haven't listened to it in like 2 years because my go-to albums are Goddamnit and the S/T comp.

Now I have to listen to it tomorrow :)

I still need S/T but I have all the other stuff I want of theirs minus the OOP Vagrant stuff with no good pressing

I'm listening to Goddamnit right now.

I just got this in the mail yesterday and spun the fuck out of it. Was really hyped to finally get one and it was cheap from the 6131 sale on RSD

Oops, I was typing before you posted this and missed it. Maybe my copy is just a dud because it would almost have to be off the same plates. I'll ask around and see what I can find out. Might also be worth trying an OP but I dunno because it's Vagrant and the other Vagrant OPs of theirs I've had sounded like ass

Oops, I was typing before you posted this and missed it. Maybe my copy is just a dud because it would almost have to be off the same plates. I'll ask around and see what I can find out. Might also be worth trying an OP but I dunno because it's Vagrant and the other Vagrant OPs of theirs I've had sounded like ass

I could also just be remembering wrong. Like I said, I haven't listened to it in probably 2 years at least. I'll give it a listen tomorrow.

I could also just be remembering wrong. Like I said, I haven't listened to it in probably 2 years at least. I'll give it a listen tomorrow.

Alright, let me know please. My copy did the weirdest thing on my old speakers. For some reason only with that record my speakers made this weird plastic buzzy humy noise that I couldn't figure out why was happening. New speakers don't do it though. Just made me remember how strange that was.

Evening guys!

I made the mistake of reading through the last couple of pages, and what I've deduced is that kids spend absurd amounts of money on clothing, and that Halo is going to flip Prince. Fuck me.

Anyway, what's new in all of your cuties' worlds?

I just ate a whole sleeve of chips ahoy.

I don't think I've ever dealt with any myself. Are they obnoxious or something?

Most are fine. They'll shove flyers in your hand as you walk out of shows. Sometimes they'll actually talk to you or beg you to come out to a show.

I remember some dude begging me to go to a FoT show while I smoked a cigarette outside a Coheed/Blood Brothers/mwY show

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic