Had an interesting conversation at dinner about this thing going around how fast food workers are trying to get 15 bucks an hour.

One person was so adamant how they should get that kind of wage because some people are stuck in that job and they need to support their family. What do you guys think about that? I think it's just NUTS.

I'm not knocking fast food workers at all either, I worked in various fast food/restaurants back when I was 16-18.

I think wages should be directly linked to your education level, and by education I also mean licensure/training in X. Absolutely no disrespect to anyone who does or has worked in that line of work, but it doesn't require any sort of formal education or licensure. If the wages increase there, I would hope wages everywhere else would increase by the same percentage.

BUT that won't ever happen so I really fail to see why that would beneficial to society unless that means more clients to pay for my services.

edit: brock, took the words right from me! :)

Had an interesting conversation at dinner about this thing going around how fast food workers are trying to get 15 bucks an hour.

One person was so adamant how they should get that kind of wage because some people are stuck in that job and they need to support their family. What do you guys think about that? I think it's just NUTS.

I'm not knocking fast food workers at all either, I worked in various fast food/restaurants back when I was 16-18.

I've heard this too. its the dumbest!! Rather than being like 'boo hoo I work at McDonald's and can't support my family on the wages' just get another fucking job. Or accept the fact that your skillset, experience, face, whatever, causes you to only work at fast food establishments. Too, if they did that, there would be no more dollar menus, which is straight blasphemy. Also same, not knocking fast food workers at all, I've been there :) just think the entitlement in this world is mind blowing. 

If this happens the whole fucking economy is going to increase and the value of the dollar will lower. If McDonalds is now paying $15 per employee then that money comes back to the customer, and if this $15 an hour comes around to other businesses, wages all over might increase but it won't do much good because then so will the prices because those things correlate.

I'm 16 I don't need $15 an hour I'm okay with $7-$10, and If you're an adult and you're working a job that only pays that much, I shouldn't have to pay for you fuck up (I do understand people loss jobs and are forced to work in poor positions until situations change)

And in my experince, the majority of the time I go into a fast food joint, the people there have got to be the dumbest people on the planet. Personally, I don't like lettuce on any sandwhich or burger and 80% of the time I go to McDonald's and order a big mac with no lettuce, I open the box up and there's lettuce all over. You expect to be paid that much, learn how to follow simple instructions

And in my experince, the majority of the time I go into a fast food joint, the people there have got to be the dumbest people on the planet. Personally, I don't like lettuce on any sandwhich or burger and 80% of the time I go to McDonald's and order a big mac with no lettuce, I open the box up and there's lettuce all over. You expect to be paid that much, learn how to follow simple instructions

This, why do you think Costsco has quality service $20 an hour plus health benefits 

so i found the slipknot self titled album box set that came with a tshirt at the used record store today, didnt say what size the shirt but i bought it anyway thinking it would be at least a large. nope, it's a damn medium! oh well

Oh Rustle, you fool.

Fuck that noise. I still don't make $15/hour and I deal with dead bodies and crying people all day.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic