Im reading Mcleans magazine in my assessment class because we're discussing mean, median, and mode, somethingi learned in 4th grade. Fuck these required non-psych courses, they're a waste of money.

I know what your going through.  I've had to stop taking classes at my local Technical College because I just get furious over what they teach and how they teach it. 

College Math we had 2 weeks on how to use a ruler.  One week on standard, one week on metric.  The entire class was on at most an 8th grade level.  Even so pretty much everyone in class was struggling.  That class I thought, OK it's my first time taking a math class in 8 years or so, I should have just tried to test out of it.

Psychology of Human Relations was a 60 minutes class in which we would watch 2 episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond then discuss it for the last 10 minutes, along with filling out a worksheet about the episode.  That class we actually had a good time in though, we invented the stupidest game but it entertained us.  Before each class we would pick out 1 person to put on 1 half of a pair of handcuffs and we would give them another person in class they would have to handcuff themselves too.  If they succeeded they got to choose the people next class.  Seriously a stupid game, but kept everyone in the class paranoid as fuck.

Sociology was the class that made me flip my lid, I refused to pay for it for 2 years.  First day of class the teacher introduces her self and lets us know that it's her first time teaching a class.  She was a secretary at the school for 30 years and they just asked her if she wanted to start teaching classes and she said sure.  The class was also supposed to be 3 days a week but she didn't want to drive in on Thursdays for it because she didn't have any classes on Friday so just called off 1/3 of the classes.  The proverbial straw that broke the camels back was when we going around and listing the beliefs of Republicans and the beliefs of Democrats.  Someone brought up the Death Penalty, then after a few minutes someone brought up abortion and the teacher responded by saying that "You know, I've always found it silly that Democrats won't kill baby murders, yet have no problem killing babies."  I was pissed but tried to be reasonably polite and just said that your oversimplifying complex issues."  I thought that was all then at the end she again says the previously mentioned comment, thats when I blow up at her.  After I'm done she responds with "If you think you can do a better job than me then come up here and teach."  To which I reply, "Awesome, I'd love to.  I'm sure I could do a better job than you, at the very least I wouldn't be up there trying to push mind numbingly stupid fucking ideology on people."

College Math 2 I took as a Lab Class, where there would be a teacher present but it was self paced.  I learned my leason from College Math 1.  Even that class was a joke though.  I finished it in about 1o days.  What infuriated me about this class was the few times I had a question that I would ask the teacher about his response was always the same, "You have both a book, and the internet, if you can't figure it out it's not my problem."  He seriously just sat at his desk in the room and would hang out on the internet or would be telling us stories of his funny comedians he saw on TV.  That is when he wasn't trying to hit on girl who looked like she was 15 in the class.

I used to hit the knife on the pit to pull it out (like in the video), but one time I hit the knife so hard into the pit that I couldn't get it off. I was afraid I was going to cut a finger off. I just scoop it out now...

Another way to do it is after you separate the two halves, cut the half with the seed into quarters then just pop the seed off.

It's right around the corner!! Ah I bet you're so excited to move back home.

I would also like November to hurry up.  I ordered a gift for my boyfriend's birthday (Nov 26) and I am terrible at keeping secrets, so the sooner that day gets here the sooner I can have the secret off my chest, lol.

It's right around the corner!! Ah I bet you're so excited to move back home.

I would also like November to hurry up.  I ordered a gift for my boyfriend's birthday (Nov 26) and I am terrible at keeping secrets, so the sooner that day gets here the sooner I can have the secret off my chest, lol.

haha oh man...its gonna be awesome. i cant even explain it. there's just so much stuff.

im bad with gifts. i have to give them right away haha. what is this gift?

Probably Y. I typically go for the second option (blue, silver, sapphire, pearl, white) though I played ruby and not sapphire...

Ooooh interesting tactic. Did you preorder? Is that still a thing?

& I am just realizing now that I did the same thing without realizing. I liked blue growing up.  But I also have/had sapphire & pearl. Also yellow. Which I lost somehow.

I always get way stoked on these games until I hit that ONE gym leader halfway through that totally obliterates me and I lose interest because I keep failing. :(

haha oh man...its gonna be awesome. i cant even explain it. there's just so much stuff.

im bad with gifts. i have to give them right away haha. what is this gift?

You will have seasons again!!

I do the same thing, lol.

I got these lame handmade dogtag-like necklaces with our anniversary date punched into them. =[

Edit: for visual purposes - http://scoutmob.com/p/Hand-Stamped-Tag-Necklace-Personalized

Ooooh interesting tactic. Did you preorder? Is that still a thing?

& I am just realizing now that I did the same thing without realizing. I liked blue growing up. But I also have/had sapphire & pearl. Also yellow. Which I lost somehow.

I always get way stoked on these games until I hit that ONE gym leader halfway through that totally obliterates me and I lose interest because I keep failing. :(

I haven't preordered a game since skyward sword and that was just because it was a rad bundle and is Zelda (I have a Zelda tattoo and sort of obsessed) but Pokemon games are so readily available I don't see the point. I'm super excited for 3d sprites finally on a handheld!

Also with how gaming consoles and Internet connections being everywhere now I really think and hope there will be a Pokemon MMO coming next/soon.

You will have seasons again!!

I do the same thing, lol.

I got these lame handmade dogtag-like necklaces with our anniversary date punched into them. =[

Edit: for visual purposes - http://scoutmob.com/p/Hand-Stamped-Tag-Necklace-Personalized

haha seasons! i miss the smell of fall. and a nice snowfall.

those are cool looking though. i was ready for an actual dogtag, which is fine, but i like those. im not one for necklaces, but i would definitely hang it somewhere, haha.

haha seasons! i miss the smell of fall. and a nice snowfall.

those are cool looking though. i was ready for an actual dogtag, which is fine, but i like those. im not one for necklaces, but i would definitely hang it somewhere, haha.

Hah yeah it's kinda dorky, but we have this ongoing thing where we are awesome at remembering other people's special dates (birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, baptisms, etc.) but we never remember our significant dates until 2, 3, maybe 7 days after the fact.  So I thought it was masculine enough to not be super loud where its embarrassing for him to wear, but also kind of poking fun at the fact that we never take the amount of time we've been together too seriously.  He also wears this cross necklace under all his shirts which is never visible, so I figured this could compliment that if nothing else.

I love giving presents. I go Christmas/Birthday shopping year round. My closet is full of things.

actually... reading that back to myself, I might have a problem.

Gift giving is fun! Also, bigbruise is a lucky man, haha.

I haven't preordered a game since skyward sword and that was just because it was a rad bundle and is Zelda (I have a Zelda tattoo and sort of obsessed) but Pokemon games are so readily available I don't see the point. I'm super excited for 3d sprites finally on a handheld!

Also with how gaming consoles and Internet connections being everywhere now I really think and hope there will be a Pokemon MMO coming next/soon.

This is true! Pokemon is always all over and they don't normally do any fantastic preorder bundles.  One time I got a sweet pokemon stylus with a preorder, lol. 

A pokemon MMO would be cool! I would probably hop back on the wagon to try that out. The only handheld I have is a DSi though.

Im dogsitting for my boss and her dog is 13 (she's a big girl so thats pretty old for her breed) anyways she's not in the best shape. I was bringing her in from outside and once she got in the house her back end collapsed (this happens sometimes) I tried to lift her back up but she couldnt stand so I rolled her over so she was comfortable. Then I noticed she had pee'd. And her head went back and it looked like nobody was in there, she started shaking a little and I was freaking the fuck out. I thought she was gunna die, her breathing had slowed and just the look on her face. The shaking only lasted a couple minutes and she came back into it. But I dont think ive ever been more scared in my life. I was running around trying to find the number for the vet telling her please dont die. It was awful.

Im dogsitting for my boss and her dog is 13 (she's a big girl so thats pretty old for her breed) anyways she's not in the best shape. I was bringing her in from outside and once she got in the house her back end collapsed (this happens sometimes) I tried to lift her back up but she couldnt stand so I rolled her over so she was comfortable. Then I noticed she had pee'd. And her head went back and it looked like nobody was in there, she started shaking a little and I was freaking the fuck out. I thought she was gunna die, her breathing had slowed and just the look on her face. The shaking only lasted a couple minutes and she came back into it. But I dont think ive ever been more scared in my life. I was running around trying to find the number for the vet telling her please dont die. It was awful.

Dang hope all turns out well.

Hah yeah it's kinda dorky, but we have this ongoing thing where we are awesome at remembering other people's special dates (birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, baptisms, etc.) but we never remember our significant dates until 2, 3, maybe 7 days after the fact.  So I thought it was masculine enough to not be super loud where its embarrassing for him to wear, but also kind of poking fun at the fact that we never take the amount of time we've been together too seriously.  He also wears this cross necklace under all his shirts which is never visible, so I figured this could compliment that if nothing else.

When I first read what you got him, my first reaction was oh shit, that dude better not ever forget their anniversary.  Now it makes more sense and is cute.

Plus thanks for heading me towards that site, some cool shit on there.

When I first read what you got him, my first reaction was oh shit, that dude better not ever forget their anniversary.  Now it makes more sense and is cute.

Plus thanks for heading me towards that site, some cool shit on there.

Haha, nah I'm not one of those kinda gals.

No problem! That site is way cool and most of it is handmade, which is even cooler.

has anyone ever been to a renaissance festival before?

I got talking into going this weekend. I'm not sure what to expect, I do know there's a bar crawl starting at 10 a.m.

so. last night i was watching my late night tv and stuff after 1130 or so. everyone was asleep, lights off. i was in the living room sprawled out on the chase with my ipad glowing up my face and that area around.

casually a spider, easily the length of the average finger (prob 85% of most of you) just wanders up and stops on the ipad. i scream like a bitch and just flicked it. i havent told my wife.

a) its still in the house somewhere

b ) i saw one two days ago and killed that one

c) chances are theres an egg sack somewhere

wolf spider, like so:

VKIKCK7K9K9QO05Q10EQZS1QRSUQAK4KUKRKPK0K

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic