I think a lot of people, me included, do genuinely enjoy their jobs, but I know there are a million other places I’d rather be. I wouldn’t choose to be here, I have to be here. Weekends/after work are for doing the fun stuff and pursuing passions.

This.

We have a large trailer-style porta-potty at work. It has been out of order for a couple days now, but yesterday I saw someone walking out of the men's one, so I took it upon myself to figure out how he unlocked it and to make sure it would remain locked. Well, I went inside the bathroom, brought the door in towards me to inspect the knob and locking mechanism, not really thinking about or noticing that there is no lock on the inside of the door. As I was "working on" the lock that had up until this point not been locking, I heard a click and realized I had fucked up and locked myself in a mobile sewer that had been baking in 90 degree heat. I don't have a cell phone plan so I couldn't call work, I had to Facebook a co-worker and hope they got the message before I became a permanent resident of this broken down porta-potty. Luckily, she got the message and in a couple agonizing minutes, I was set free. I was nauseous for about an hour after. It was terrible.

Years ago in the Army, I took a pee in a porta-potty after a day of working on something and as the NCO in charge was closing up, he accidentally padlocked me in. That only lasted a few seconds and I didn't actually lock myself in but I figured I'd embellish the previous post by saying I had locked myself in a porta-John twice.

What method do you use to get the seed out?

Well usually I just cut into the seed enough for the knife to stick, but since I was using a steak knife I just stabbed the point of the knife in it and pair that with too much pressure ends up with the seed slipping around, knife going through the avocado and into my finger, ha ha. 

I've done this too. Except my palm. Almost broke on thru to tha other side.

Found a new way. One excluding blood.

Holy shit, good thing I wasn't using a proper knife.

Well usually I just cut into the seed enough for the knife to stick, but since I was using a steak knife I just stabbed the point of the knife in it and pair that with too much pressure ends up with the seed slipping around, knife going through the avocado and into my finger, ha ha. 

Holy shit, good thing I wasn't using a proper knife.

I used to work at a sandwich shop and I saw a lot of avocado related injuries. In the five years I worked there I never had a problem when doing it like this...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic