Something that has quickly become my #1 pet peeve: When my boss is urged to e-mail me at 9, 10, 11 o'clock at night telling me to go to the store to get toilet paper and garbage bags for the office. & then telling me that I should only be going to Sam's Club or Costco or some other membership-based store so HE can save money.  Which is fantastic, only I don't have the money for a membership to any of these stores.

So, yeah, I'm annoyed.

Something that has quickly become my #1 pet peeve: When my boss is urged to e-mail me at 9, 10, 11 o'clock at night telling me to go to the store to get toilet paper and garbage bags for the office. & then telling me that I should only be going to Sam's Club or Costco or some other membership-based store so HE can save money.  Which is fantastic, only I don't have the money for a membership to any of these stores.

So, yeah, I'm annoyed.

I would ask him to buy a business membership that you can have a card for if he wants you to shop there. I think you can have 5 cards on a business membership at Sams at least.

Has anybody ever had "limited access" to PayPal? How long does it take to get resolved when you have to upload a photo I.D?

That seems strange. Have you had any claims filed against you lately?

I would ask him to buy a business membership that you can have a card for if he wants you to shop there. I think you can have 5 cards on a business membership at Sams at least.

That seems strange. Have you had any claims filed against you lately?

None at all. I hardly use PayPal. They want to do it "to make sure that noone has logged onto your account without your permission". I had to go through this again about two months ago when I tried to buy something using PayPal

I would ask him to buy a business membership that you can have a card for if he wants you to shop there. I think you can have 5 cards on a business membership at Sams at

(oops I deleted too much if the quote and I can't fix it on mobile)

Yeah I've told him that I don't have a membership nor do I live remotely close to a store like that so it's just all around inconvenient. Not to mention that I am not a secretary and I am not a personal assistant. I heavily believe that I get treated this way because I'm the only woman in the office. I have these field technicians who are paid less and do not have a college degree come to me and say that I "better go get some paper towels because it looks like we're out of them" and it gets on my nerves. Everyone is able to go pick up supplies and my boss is a big believer in "everyone pitching in to make the workplace equal and positive," except nobody helps out and I'm expected to "take initiative" and "think about what we might need in the office when I'm out doing my own grocery shopping." To assume that I do the grocery shopping in my own home because I'm a woman is ridiculous enough and it's even moreso to expect me to make an "office grocery list" alongside my own "home grocery list."

Sorry for the rant I'm just really not having a great couple of days.

I think you mentioned before that you work for some foreign dudes right? I briefly dated a guy from saudi arabia, and he was just like that. He'd say - you buy my groceries, you cook food, blah blah blah. how they're raised to treat women. and being around all his friends, it was 10x worse.

None at all. I hardly use PayPal. They want to do it "to make sure that noone has logged onto your account without your permission". I had to go through this again about two months ago when I tried to buy something using PayPal

That is really weird. 

(oops I deleted too much if the quote and I can't fix it on mobile)

Yeah I've told him that I don't have a membership nor do I live remotely close to a store like that so it's just all around inconvenient. Not to mention that I am not a secretary and I am not a personal assistant. I heavily believe that I get treated this way because I'm the only woman in the office. I have these field technicians who are paid less and do not have a college degree come to me and say that I "better go get some paper towels because it looks like we're out of them" and it gets on my nerves. Everyone is able to go pick up supplies and my boss is a big believer in "everyone pitching in to make the workplace equal and positive," except nobody helps out and I'm expected to "take initiative" and "think about what we might need in the office when I'm out doing my own grocery shopping." To assume that I do the grocery shopping in my own home because I'm a woman is ridiculous enough and it's even moreso to expect me to make an "office grocery list" alongside my own "home grocery list."

Sorry for the rant I'm just really not having a great couple of days.

That sucks. You shouldn't have to do any of that. I would tell him that you didn't check your email over night and didn't get the message.

I think you mentioned before that you work for some foreign dudes right? I briefly dated a guy from saudi arabia, and he was just like that. He'd say - you buy my groceries, you cook food, blah blah blah. how they're raised to treat women. and being around all his friends, it was 10x worse.

i totally agree with this. i had a childhood friend from SA, and he had many sisters....and they and their mom were treated like complete shit.

and a childhood girlfriend (not dating...just a friend who is a girl) from SA too....her dad was an OBGYN, and my wife left his practice due to his rudeness....and if my wife would tell him something he would say "who are you to say. i am doctor, i know medicine" she would say "i know my body. peace out"

this is just from my first hand witnessing.

Yeah they're from Pakistan.  But that's only my boss and his brother, who is the office manager (& with that title should be the one gathering the needs for the office).  All but 1 of the technicians is also of foreign decent, but he is American born.  He is actually very respectful towards me.  Probably moreso than the other technicians.  My boss' wife is the head of HR, so taking that route really wouldn't get me far, but I will say that my boss has said openly that his wife is his "boss."  She is very authoritative which leads me to believe that, while they are practicing Muslims, they are very contemporary when it comes to how they act within their stereotype.  I think this is more of a gender/gender based issue rather than religion/gender based.  When I got back from the store with the stupid toilet paper and garbage bags, I was really fed up (I was also out at an allergists appointment that did not go well) as it was, and one of the nice technicians came up behind me while I was putting the tp away and he whispered "Hey Ashton... this is such bullshit, I'm sorry." & I was confused so I turned to him and he just pointed at what I was doing and shook his head and he was like "You shouldn't be doing that, I'm sorry."  Which I guess is a nice gesture, but I doubt it will make anyone want to help the situation.

I'm sorry you had to go through an experience like that, though.  =\  I am 100% against inequality as a whole, so that kind of stuff does not sit right with me.  I'm glad you were able to get out of it and find Mr. bigbruise, haha.

That is really weird. 

That sucks. You shouldn't have to do any of that. I would tell him that you didn't check your email over night and didn't get the message.

Yeah I ended up coming in since I had to leave for a doctors appointment and I grabbed the Amex so I didn't have to use my money and went to the store while I was out at my appt, lol.

Are you on salary? I would start logging hours and expensing mileage for every errand, especially if it is kind of far.

I'm like in between.  I have a set committed hours per week (40), but if I work more, I will get straight pay on top of the 40hrs.  They do run an expense program, but they only process it quarterly, and as I mentioned earlier my bad experience with my allergist (it is time and money based), I don't have any extra cash to be stretching towards anything unless it's my personal needs at this point.

Thanks everyone for your input, it really helps to talk things out when I'm feeling overwhelmed.  It means a lot, thank you.

I hope your situation works out though, that’s very unfair.

yeah, the demise of that 'relationship' was pretty crazy. we were all at a university at the time and there had been a lot of tension between the football players and this group of saudi guys. we were at a party one night and there was a huge fight between them, someone got stabbed/shanked, I don’t know, there was a lot of blood.

edit: holy shit, I found the article. I didn’t know it was this guy who got charged.
http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/10/former_svsu_student_charged_wi.html

that guy dated my old college roommate. she was sleeping at his house when he came home with a stripper. what a dick.

I have the most terrible stories.

good way to end my work day.

MQXYf9F.gif

i was reading about this. apparently all those fabrics like yoga pants and under armour melt onto your body when set on fire. that has got to be painful.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic