Okay in all seriousness you can try to talk to the band, venue, or promoter but they probably won't let you in because it's a liability.

When I was younger and touring there were shows where i had to sit in the parkinglot because it was an 18+ or 21+ show. I was WITH the band and not allowed in. Unless you're in the band, they generally do not give a shit.

Okay in all seriousness you can try to talk to the band, venue, or promoter but they probably won't let you in because it's a liability.

When I was younger and touring there were shows where i had to sit in the parkinglot because it was an 18+ or 21+ show. I was WITH the band and not allowed in. Unless you're in the band, they generally do not give a shit.

Yeah but it's not 21+ which means there will be other under drinking aged people there. So I could just get x's on my hands or what ever and get in, right?

Like I get I'm a liability, but so is every other underage person there 

Theres a reason the show is 18+, generally it has to do with liability and insurance fees.

In fact, I googled it for you:

"It' because it's the age of adult. There are fees that are paid for licenses/insurance if shows are open to all ages to help cover lawsuits and such that may arise from something happening to a minor (under 18) at the show. So the 18+ shows are cheaper for the venue/artists. They are most common because the venue can just check ID and give wristbands or stamps to those over 21 who want to drink, so 21+ shows aren't seen so much.

It really doesn't have to do so much with the content of the show or drinking age and the same fees are paid in other countries than the US, it's just that there the adult age and drinking age are sometimes the same so you think that it's due to the drinking age, but it's not. It's adult age."

Theres a reason the show is 18+, generally it has to do with liability and insurance fees.

In fact, I googled it for you:

"It' because it's the age of adult. There are fees that are paid for licenses/insurance if shows are open to all ages to help cover lawsuits and such that may arise from something happening to a minor (under 18) at the show. So the 18+ shows are cheaper for the venue/artists. They are most common because the venue can just check ID and give wristbands or stamps to those over 21 who want to drink, so 21+ shows aren't seen so much.

It really doesn't have to do so much with the content of the show or drinking age and the same fees are paid in other countries than the US, it's just that there the adult age and drinking age are sometimes the same so you think that it's due to the drinking age, but it's not. It's adult age."

Okay gotcha,

Do you think they'd make a huge huge deal though, cause I look old enough to get it. So if I just hand them my id would they really check, or should I just find someone elses, or just try and smooth talk my way in

Let's put it this way, I understand 100% why they do this, but I don't want to miss out on the band that dropped my AOTY of 2014, especially when they rarely tour down here as it is. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic