No but I have the credit score of a homeless ghost and my life is a mess. I think those are the two most important aspects of being Nick Miller.

In New Girl when Jess finds Nick's box I died inside because I am that person. I don't think iv'e ever related to anyone on TV as much as Nick.

My girlfriend also says "Weird, Weird, Weird" like jess all the time. That show is my favorite Guilty Pleasure, that and Sleepy Hollow. 

Why am I awake? 

Why would I post a picture without pants on? Ya weirdos. 

Yes, I now work at Target.

I also identify maybe too much with Jess. The speech she gives about being tough and smart even though she's touched glitter in the past 24 hours is the most relatable thing I've ever seen on TV.

If you get a nose hoop, know that they pierce it with a hoop much larger to make room for swelling. It kinda looks silly but it's probably the best option as far as being easy to spin and clean. Studs look much nicer to get pierced with but they tend to get stuck on towels and fly across rooms. If you get pierced with a stud, always put a bandaid over it before you go to sleep so it doesn't fall out. 

If you need more nose advice, let a home girl know. I only have one piercing but it has gained me way too much experience. 

Logan 'nose' it all.

getmecoat.gif

This.

Also I woke up from creepy dream where a transportation agent was interviewing me about how much I knew about rap music on the street. The weirdest part is in the dream I knew it was some kind of law or requirement. I had to stop, show him my ID, explain why I was out so late and then answer his questions. It felt like a test and my heart was beating hard because I don't know much about rap. It was super dark on the street too.

What? Weird brain. I have weird brain.

I must be in the minority in that I can't stand the new girl... And I wouldn't compare any of you ladies to her!! You are all much more complex than her.

Edit: this sums up how I feel nicely.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/books-and-arts/96904/zooey-deschanel-new-girl-annoying

Thank you Madie! I can't stand new girl. I thought I was the only one! I could go on but I'll end up pissing everyone off.

I agree with that to an extent! It was pretty cringe worthy at first and I think they developed the male characters way more. But they definitely challenged that in a few episodes. Like the quote I mentioned, she gets in a fight with someone who makes fun of her for these exact reasons. She gets pulled apart for being cute, awkward, girly, etc. So she goes on this tangent that just because she talks to children and plays with glitter doesn't mean that she can't be strong, independent, or taken seriously.  

That whole scene definitely was caused by the amount of people that dig into Zooey for being too 'cute' or too 'girly.' But I think she's a really strong feminist role model that says HEY I CAN BAKE CAKES AND DRESS LIKE A DOLL BUT STILL KICK YOUR ASS IF I WANTED TO.

I mean, she was torn apart for being the founder of Hello Giggles because it's a 'cutesy' website.

The website is dedicated to spreading positivity and helping girls become more confident.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I do think that there is some strength behind her character.  

ALSO, favorite Zooey quote: "I'm just being myself. There is not an ounce of me that believes any of that crap that they say. We can't be feminine and be feminists and be successful? I want to be a fucking feminist and wear a fucking Peter Pan collar. So fucking what?"

I really, really agree with that. I’m always in dresses with my nails and hair done, I love doing that stuff!! And I don’t want to be taken less seriously because of it. So I really identify with that. I just wish she was recognized for roles with more depth, she’s played out the cooky, unique, weird girl thing. And quite frankly she’s so pretty that she can get away with being weird/zany and men will still fall for her. that’s not the way the real world works.

Also, I love these discussions and I hope no one takes offense to my feelings on her.

If I'm being real here, Zooey is of course a MUCH better role model than Miley Cyrus or any of those characters out there today. I think that's definitely worth something.

And Liz lemon was a genius character!

I really, really agree with that. I’m always in dresses with my nails and hair done, I love doing that stuff!! And I don’t want to be taken less seriously because of it. So I really identify with that. I just wish she was recognized for roles with more depth, she’s played out the cooky, unique, weird girl thing. And quite frankly she’s so pretty that she can get away with being weird/zany and men will still fall for her. that’s not the way the real world works.

Also, I love these discussions and I hope no one takes offense to my feelings on her.

I love these discussions too! So no offense taken at all! We all learn from each other and that rules. 

If you watch past the first season, they do really start to give her depth. I think she started to have a lot more say in her character too because she fights to move up the career ladder and challenges other characters. 

I think the real problem with Zooey is that she probably really enjoys being the positive, cooky character because that's how she identifies. It's not her fault she's drop dead gorgeous and that men glorify her as their manic pixie dream girl. She didn't really ask for the stereotype, girl was just doing her and people pegged her with it. 

Kinda how Hollywood works though.

I And quite frankly she’s so pretty that she can get away with being weird/zany and men will still fall for her. that’s not the way the real world works.

^^^this may be my where my anger is at. I'm constantly being told in the real world how weird I am and guess how well that works for me?!? Guys don't respond to that and if anything I have to hide my personality just so people can talk to me! So many times I want to make a joke and I always get told "I don't understand your humor". So I'm very quiet most of the time.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic