ALSO, favorite Zooey quote: "I'm just being myself. There is not an ounce of me that believes any of that crap that they say. We can't be feminine and be feminists and be successful? I want to be a fucking feminist and wear a fucking Peter Pan collar. So fucking what?"

This is why I love her.

I must be in the minority in that I can't stand the new girl... And I wouldn't compare any of you ladies to her!! You are all much more complex than her.

Edit: this sums up how I feel nicely.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/books-and-arts/96904/zooey-deschanel-new-girl-annoying

I've said it before and I'll say it again. More like, No, Girl.

(I've never said it before. I mean it though. Can't stand that show.)

^^^this may be my where my anger is at. I'm constantly being told in the real world how weird I am and guess how well that works for me?!? Guys don't respond to that and if anything I have to hide my personality just so people can talk to me! So many times I want to make a joke and I always get told "I don't understand your humor". So I'm very quiet most of the time.

Not understanding your humor feels like a failing on their part not yours but I can see why she might piss you off. The nice thing for me about New Girl was that it got much better in it's 2nd season about making them realer people, and there are a lot of people that get turned off the Jess by her personality. I take no offense to people hating it as I clearly have no taste in TV. I hate Big Bang Theory and it's the number 1 show on TV. (Also Liz Lemon is one of my secret crushes, I think sarcasm just does it for me.)

Not understanding your humor feels like a failing on their part not yours but I can see why she might piss you off. The nice thing for me about New Girl was that it got much better in it's 2nd season about making them realer people, and there are a lot of people that get turned off the Jess by her personality. I take no offense to people hating it as I clearly have no taste in TV. I hate Big Bang Theory and it's the number 1 show on TV. (Also Liz Lemon is one of my secret crushes, I think sarcasm just does it for me.)

I enjoy New Girl because I find the 3 guys hilarious, much more so than Jess.

Big Bang Theory is also terrible. I agree with you there.

I think my favorite comedy lately may actually be "Broad City." Those gals are hilaaaaarious.

Watched the premier of "Marry Me" the other day and thought that was pretty decent too. Really awesome cast.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic