The point is that he isn't doing anything funny in the show. He's displaying his personality, and his personality reflects that of someone with Aspergers.

I'm not "dug in," it's just annoying that you have an opinion based on nothing and yet you keep up an argument by stating "I don't want to read something I couldn't care less about," followed by a reworded version of your same opinion. That's ignorant.

Stop instigating if you don't care lol.

Jesus fucking christ.

I'm not instigating egg, I'm just saying you have an opinion. I don't really care that much about it this opinion, but I disagree slightly.

Any time anyone disagrees with you anymore you jump all fucking over them. (especially me lately, it seems)

Do I want to dig through a bunch of shit about a show I care about while I'm at work? Not particularly.

You have an opinion, I have an opinion. That's it. I said I could see where you're coming from and was ready to leave it at that.

Let's all never make fun of anything that could possibly offend anyone ever again, down with comedy!

The point is that he isn't doing anything funny in the show. He's displaying his personality, and his personality reflects that of someone with Aspergers.

I'm not "dug in," it's just annoying that you have an opinion based on nothing and yet you keep up an argument by stating "I don't want to read something I couldn't care less about," followed by a reworded version of your same opinion. That's ignorant.

Stop instigating if you don't care lol.

I'm curious about how you feel about the character Max on Parenthood.

tumblr_inline_n9dy39J1CL1qm02yb.gif

Seriously people! Small Talk is my happy place! Haha.

Why?

I haven't seen that show enough to make an opinion about it. That show is a drama, so I'd imagine there wouldn't be any laughing tracks geared towards ridiculing that character. Interesting how that works.

Just because it's a polar opposite portrayal of Aspergers. That's all. It's a pretty good show.

You need to chill out and pick your battles, dude.

The thing is that we aren't in a disagreement. You're just obsessed with arguing with everyone all the time.

I have to say, I think it's mostly just you. I didn't think there was a battle until you started calling me out for being ignorant (about something that, again, I don't care about. Of course I'm ignorant about it.)

You made it into more of a battle than it was. 

I've only really "argued" with you, besides that iphone thread, where I was just being a dick on purpose.

You can go ahead and ignore me on these boards, because I'm certainly going to do the same to you. You're just so fucking self-righteous, I can't stand it.

Madie! Don't worry, I never take offense when someone doesn't like something I do. I am me, you are you, we can like what we want. :D

And we all seem to agree that Liz Lemon rules.

As far as Sheldon, I have never really been a fan of Big Bang, but I could see what you mean, Ashton, as him portraying Asbergers. And that isn't ok as far as I am concerned. I also don't like how they portray Penny either. Because the girl next door is of course just a dumb blonde who doesn't get these smart science minded men. For me, that is what turned me away from the show.

I much prefer how a show like Parenthood shows these disabilities as they really are, and not to poke fun at them.

My sister and I still say "I want to go there" all the time. 

I like diversity of opinions as well, art effects everyone differently. 

The humor in BBT seems mean because you are meant to laugh at the sad old socially awkward nerds and at penny for being shallow. These traits define the show and the characters never have any room to grow at all. What community does well is that it defined it's characters and made the show about human beings growing. Abed (who self identifies as having Aspergers) is the hero of the show often grounding the rest of the cast despite being the least "Normal". BBT is a show about nerds while Community is a show made by nerds. 

I have yet to watch parenthood but I hear it's good, Ill probably see it all after it's completed like Friday Night Lights. 

My sister and I still say "I want to go there" all the time.

I like diversity of opinions as well, art effects everyone differently.

The humor in BBT seems mean because you are meant to laugh at the sad old socially awkward nerds and at penny for being shallow. These traits define the show and the characters never have any room to grow at all. What community does well is that it defined it's characters and made the show about human beings growing. Abed (who self identifies as having Aspergers) is the hero of the show often grounding the rest of the cast despite being the least "Normal". BBT is a show about nerds while Community is a show made by nerds.

I have yet to watch parenthood but I hear it's good, Ill probably see it all after it's completed like Friday Night Lights.

Oh man FNL was so good!! I hated it had to end. I binged watched that on Netflix in like 3 weeks.

I used to really enjoy BBT, but then as seasons went on, it started grating on my nerves. The theories of Sheldon having some sort mental illness are irrelevant. The show has become nothing more than an exponentially nerd-ladden version of The Odd Couple. But with more people.

And until I read this piece on the show: http://butmyopinionisright.tumblr.com/post/31079561065/the-problem-with-the-big-bang-theory, I used to honestly think that the show was defending nerd culture. But like everything else nowadays, nerd "culture" has been appropriated by the masses and made out to be cool and hip.

(And noalarmaplanet touched on what that article I linked discusses).

I have to say, I think it's mostly just you. I didn't think there was a battle until you started calling me out for being ignorant (about something that, again, I don't care about. Of course I'm ignorant about it.)

You made it into more of a battle than it was. 

I've only really "argued" with you, besides that iphone thread, where I was just being a dick on purpose.

You can go ahead and ignore me on these boards, because I'm certainly going to do the same to you. You're just so fucking self-righteous, I can't stand it.

You see where I come from, if we have an issue with something, we say it. We talk about it, and I even said last time that it's water under the bridge after we talked it out. But I guess you're more the type to hold grudges. There's nothing I can do about that.

If you're going to be ignorant about something, please don't continue a debate about it. & That's not just with me, but with anyone. I wasn't making anything into a battle. I was joining you in your dislike for a show and I was stating why. It was YOU that asked me to expand upon it. Remember that.

If you admit to being a dick on purpose, how can anyone really know when you're being genuine?

Self-righteous isn't the right word. But now that you've said that, it's apparent that you've felt this way for a while... so now your attitude towards me over the past few months makes more sense. You seem to have an issue when I'm (or anyone, really) passionate about something. I, personally, can be irritated when someone is provoking having no background on the subject. So sorry? I don't really know what you want from me here. I guess since I speak my mind that puts me on the Ice Cream shit list.

I used to really enjoy BBT, but then as seasons went on, it started grating on my nerves. The theories of Sheldon having some sort mental illness are irrelevant. The show has become nothing more than an exponentially nerd-ladden version of The Odd Couple. But with more people.

And until I read this piece on the show: http://butmyopinionisright.tumblr.com/post/31079561065/the-problem-with-the-big-bang-theory, I used to honestly think that the show was defending nerd culture. But like everything else nowadays, nerd "culture" has been appropriated by the masses and made out to be cool and hip.

(And noalarmaplanet touched on what that article I linked discusses).

I had a similar experience with BBT, i did watch during the 1st season. Im so gunshy with sitcoms now. HIMYM ruined me for life by having 4 decent seasons and then so many bad ones and then ending it the way they did. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic