So apparently half of the 1,000 tickets are going to HBO employees, and their friends and family.

I waited in line for 4 hours. 2 hours after they started selling them they finally announced they sold out. The venue did a horrible job of keeping everyone informed. It sucks that I didn't get any because of the small number of tickets. Less than half I thought they would have. If they had 200 tickets I would have gotten one.

So apparently half of the 1,000 tickets are going to HBO employees, and their friends and family.

I waited in line for 4 hours. 2 hours after they started selling them they finally announced they sold out. The venue did a horrible job of keeping everyone informed. It sucks that I didn't get any because of the small number of tickets. Less than half I thought they would have. If they had 200 tickets I would have gotten one.

That sucks, Matt. I feel your pain. :( Is there any other way to get a ticket? 

A few years ago Jonsi from Sigur Ros was playing an in store show at a store called Slowtrain (RIP). They only had 40 tickets for the show. I waited in line for hours to get a ticket and the guy in front of me ended up getting the last one (I'm pretty sure it was because someone in line saved their friend a spot). They gave away 20 more tickets the next day and I finally ended up getting one after waiting a few more hours in line. 

... and then this happened the morning of the show

http://pitchfork.com/news/40484-jonsi-cancels-in-store-tour/

I still got to see the full show that night, but a tiny show like that would have been amazing.

That sucks, Matt. I feel your pain. :( Is there any other way to get a ticket?

A few years ago Jonsi from Sigur Ros was playing an in store show at a store called Slowtrain (RIP). They only had 40 tickets for the show. I waited in line for hours to get a ticket and the guy in front of me ended up getting the last one (I'm pretty sure it was because someone in line saved their friend a spot). They gave away 20 more tickets the next day and I finally ended up getting one after waiting a few more hours in line.

... and then this happened the morning of the show

http://pitchfork.com/news/40484-jonsi-cancels-in-store-tour/

I still got to see the full show that night, but a tiny show like that would have been amazing.

I highly doubt it. It's just so lame that half the tickets were already taken before they even went on sale. I would be less upset if it were only a 500 person venue and I missed out. But missing out by maybe 20 people cause they only sold 160 tickets stings.

Glad to hear you got one though. His live performances are amazing. All the lights and stuff.

I highly doubt it. It's just so lame that half the tickets were already taken before they even went on sale. I would be less upset if it were only a 500 person venue and I missed out. But missing out by maybe 20 people cause they only sold 160 tickets stings.

Glad to hear you got one though. His live performances are amazing. All the lights and stuff.

The worst part is, most of those people that got tickets through HBO probably aren't even into the band at all. : /

Shane, that Golf benefit sounds great! Congrats!

Getting up early and driving for three hours to get to my grandparents' house for Thanksgiving. I've got a long drive and I need to burn some CDs to listen to on the way. Anyone have any recommendations for what I should get?

I just burned an mp3 of gates,athletics, mov mou, dum dum girls and kylesa

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic