I love Roy Orbison.

I grew up listening to Roy Orbison and have his best of in my record collection.

As long as there's still cigarettes, booze, sex, and sad/angry music in this world I will never leave this mortal coil voluntarily.

:):):):)

At my last place I had neighbors move in like that. I was fucking piiiiissssssed

But then after the first night I didn't hear shit from them for a year and a half except the one time they watched Curb Your Enthusiasm kinda loud.

That's what I'm hoping for. Giving them the benefit of the doubt for moving day and crossing my fingers.

I am lucky enough to have the corner unit. So the space on one side is a utility room, above is the laundry room, and the space on the other side has been empty for a while. I swear the people before there just used it to keep their cats. It was so strange. There was a couch and a cardboard box as a table, 2 cats, and that was it. I only saw them home once. Strange.

But if these new people want to have a "loud" battle, my Polk tsi200s are ready, and I have plenty "don't fuck with me" records to spin. Hahahaha.

Applying for jobs sucks, but thinking about what life would be like if I got the job is kinda fun.

I'm right there with you. I'm about to start looking come Jan. 1 so that all the holiday shit is done with. I'm dreading, yet excited to see what is available up here. I would be stoked if I can get something at Amazon or any major company doing something in the tech / tech related field. They are hiring for Fraud Analysis at Expedia, and I would be perfect for that shit.

I'm right there with you. I'm about to start looking come Jan. 1 so that all the holiday shit is done with. I'm dreading, yet excited to see what is available up here. I would be stoked if I can get something at Amazon or any major company doing something in the tech / tech related field. They are hiring for Fraud Analysis at Expedia, and I would be perfect for that shit.

I'm gunning for a job at a record label or some kind of media company, but I literally just applied for an admin assistant position at a rare coin company because it sounds rad as fuck. You just never know where life will take you, am I right?

I'm gunning for a job at a record label or some kind of media company, but I literally just applied for an admin assistant position at a rare coin company because it sounds rad as fuck. You just never know where life will take you, am I right?

That sounds fucking awesome!

It's pretty crazy where life can take you. I started at Target and went on to work for Microsoft, two law firms, tour for years with bands I admire, and even shoot for Discovery channel. Take that college degree! I don't need that shit. As unpredictable as the world can be, and equally as fucked up, I still look forward to all the surprises and insanity.

People are moving in to the unit next to mine. They have been loud as fuck all day, yelling and shit, and are blasting music.

This is not good foreshadowing...

yNwB2SZ.gif

We had a neighbor like this here. I walked over, knocked firmly on their door, and told them to shut the fuck up. Worked like a charm.

That sounds fucking awesome!

It's pretty crazy where life can take you. I started at Target and went on to work for Microsoft, two law firms, tour for years with bands I admire, and even shoot for Discovery channel. Take that college degree! I don't need that shit. As unpredictable as the world can be, and equally as fucked up, I still look forward to all the surprises and insanity.

Where did you work in SLC?

Where did you work in SLC?

I worked at Clearlink. I was head of the SMB dept. I actually really, really like that job. Not so much the job itself, but the company itself is awesome. I got the company land rover for a week, won an iPad Air, a ps4, multiple bonuses, gold ski passes, etc.

If for any reason you are in need of work, hit me up, I'll get you a job there guaranteed. Pays really well too.

I worked at Clearlink. I was head of the SMB dept. I actually really, really like that job. Not so much the job itself, but the company itself is awesome. I got the company land rover for a week, won an iPad Air, a ps4, multiple bonuses, gold ski passes, etc.

If for any reason you are in need of work, hit me up, I'll get you a job there guaranteed. Pays really well too.

Aw man, where were you a couple weeks ago when I was applying for jobs? Haha. I just started a new job this week.

I have a friend that used to work for Clearlink doing phone sales for AT&T. He really liked the company as well. I don't know if I could do a call center job though. I feel like I would hate it.

Nacho Gucci Robocop Bea Arthur- I was able to log into PSN man. Try again!

I'll have to try in a bit. Ry and I are watching movies at the moment. Thanks, Willy Philly :)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one having problems today. So frustrating.

Couple hours ago I still couldn't get on.

Aw man, where were you a couple weeks ago when I was applying for jobs? Haha. I just started a new job this week.

I have a friend that used to work for Clearlink doing phone sales for AT&T. He really liked the company as well. I don't know if I could do a call center job though. I feel like I would hate it.

If you work in my old dept. you get internet access so it makes the day go by so fast. It's only inbound which is cool. And the atmosphere is super lax. I hate the idea of call centers and sales and all that so much, but the company easily made up for it. It was actually my favorite job. Weird how that works.

My bosses were the best too. Always giving me incentives for everything I did. Like my boss giving me a ps4 for being top in my dept. for a straight month. Shit was badass. And this time they hung thousands of dollars from the ceiling, and number 1 salesman from each dept. got to go 1 minute before everyone. I got away with $400 or so. They seriously made that place so cool. Like having a putting green, razor scooters, parties all the time, free food, food trucks, etc.

If you ever are in need, hit me up. They fucking love me there and were sad to see me go and I still stay in touch with my boss. We talk motorcycles and shit. He shot me in the face with a nerf dart one time. It's stuff like that you don't find everywhere. Needless to say, it's guaranteed if you need it. If you are good you easily make $500/wk after tax. I was making twice that.

If you work in my old dept. you get internet access so it makes the day go by so fast. It's only inbound which is cool. And the atmosphere is super lax. I hate the idea of call centers and sales and all that so much, but the company easily made up for it. It was actually my favorite job. Weird how that works.

My bosses were the best too. Always giving me incentives for everything I did. Like my boss giving me a ps4 for being top in my dept. for a straight month. Shit was badass. And this time they hung thousands of dollars from the ceiling, and number 1 salesman from each dept. got to go 1 minute before everyone. I got away with $400 or so. They seriously made that place so cool. Like having a putting green, razor scooters, parties all the time, free food, food trucks, etc.

If you ever are in need, hit me up. They fucking love me there and were sad to see me go and I still stay in touch with my boss. We talk motorcycles and shit. He shot me in the face with a nerf dart one time. It's stuff like that you don't find everywhere. Needless to say, it's guaranteed if you need it. If you are good you easily make $500/wk after tax. I was making twice that.

Damn. I'll keep that in mind in the future. Thanks, Matt.

Why couldn't you guys have talked about Converge while I was here?!  And putting ATF at the bottom of the list is full on bananas!

Just got back from my 8 day Montana trip.  I'm glad to be in my apartment drinking beer, listening to Loscil and playing with my dog.  I always get really bummed out when I get back from a trip.  I'm not sure if everyone does, but it hits me hard sometimes.  Coming back from seeing a bunch of my friends is when it's the worst.  But I also feel pretty lucky that I have people in my life that I'm sad that I can't see on a regular basis.  I'm sure travel fatigue doesn't help.

He shot me in the face with a nerf dart one time. It's stuff like that you don't find everywhere.

My boss gets bored and starts shooting people with nerf stuff.  I love working in that kind of environment.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic