Hahaha, yes they are. But I couldnt imagine not having them around. Our cats are fine cuz they just do their own thing, but dogs require more consistent attention :/

ugh I know.  my parents had three dogs, I raised them all from pups.  2 have passed in the last year, one was just really old and it was his time, and the other very young, and he had some kind of tumor that burst.  It was VERY unexpected and sad.  I'm still not over it.

The lady and I, we have 2 cats, though we had three, and in 2012 the oldest had to be put down, due to a feline disease.  That was the first time I lost an animal.  And then with the dogs recently, it doesn't really get easier.  I think it has to do with the fact they are just innocent.  Innocent little asshole animals.  That I love so.

Does anyone have any tips for my first time flying alone? I am really nervous. Heading to ATL for work at 4am...

Well, Hartsfield Jackson is really easy to get lost in if you are not familiar, so when you land pay attention to where you are going. Also, flying can be stressful and I understand why people get nervous but if you do what caninesapien says it will be WAY more fun.

It's appreciated James :)

But yeah, I try not to get too attached to anyone cuz inevitably theyll be gone & it hurts like hell.

:wub:

and yeah, I think that wasn't something I ever thought about.  I knew someday it WOULD happen, but didn't think about how I would feel WHEN it did happen. 

Xanax

Seriously, just go to your doctor and say "Im flying alone, afraid of heights, and Im freaking out" Boom, Xanax.

Bruce Willis copied my suggestion.

I am honored

Shit, dude. That sounds like a terrible way to go through life. :(

Yeah, it is. Not too good at this whole life thing.

Burn one before you board? Not sure if you consider that medication. I do.

This would've been my go-to a few years ago. It no longer helps calm me down, dammit.

Yeah, it is. Not too good at this whole life thing.

It just makes me sad to hear/people say things like this.

I'm around death all day, every day pretty much and different people deal with it differently, but I sometimes just about cry during arrangements with people.

I had a crazy sad talk with a dude yesterday about his wife while we were waiting for something and I almost lost it. He did cry. It was very cathartic for him, though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic