Mornin folks.

I can't imagine anyone topping the Pixies, but that's still pretty damn good.

I'm going to miss you people today because I'm in class all day. Learning, it takes away from funness.

What you be learnin today?

can someone please inform me as to why the SJWs are pissed off about american sniper? as someone who is anti-war (specifically the iraq war), anti-bush, & as someone who lost a family member to the war during the same time chris kyle was over there (2004), i'm failing to find the connection between a biopic and the alleged racism/islamophobia that is being thrown around the internet.

also, i'm a million years behind the rest of the world and finally switched over to spotify from rdio. 

i need fun people to recommend awesome music to mix up the crystal castles constantly being thrown at me from the friends i'm currently following on there. 

I'm noalarmplanet on spotify. 

Currently listening to Tycho (when am I not?), Islands, Helios, Frank Turner and Free Throw. Com Truise isn't bad either. 

can someone please inform me as to why the SJWs are pissed off about american sniper? as someone who is anti-war (specifically the iraq war), anti-bush, & as someone who lost a family member to the war during the same time chris kyle was over there (2004), i'm failing to find the connection between a biopic and the alleged racism/islamophobia that is being thrown around the internet.

Honestly? SJW really don't need a reason. No one has time for nuance anymore, or for that matter the truth. Does it feature a white male killing people? It must be racist and tumblr will know my fury!

Honestly? SJW really don't need a reason. No one has time for nuance anymore, or for that matter the truth. Does it feature a white male killing people? It must be racist and tumblr will know my fury!

That's what I was thinking... sometimes i agree with the points that are brought up thru tumblr. But with this its like... this was the guys life. This is what happened to him. Why is this islamophobia but Saving Private Ryan was a masterpiece?

That's what I was thinking... sometimes i agree with the points that are brought up thru tumblr. But with this its like... this was the guys life. This is what happened to him. Why is this islamophobia but Saving Private Ryan was a masterpiece?

It's far more acceptable in this country to be anti-German than it is to be anti-Islam. Hollywood has proven this with films like Inglourious Basterds & Fury, where more often than not they substitute the word nazi for the word German. And no one bats an eye.

It's far more acceptable in this country to be anti-German than it is to be anti-Islam. Hollywood has proven this with films like Inglourious Basterds & Fury, where more often than not they substitute the word nazi for the word German. And no one bats an eye.

Not-See party.  teehee

LvTgapOW_400x400.jpeg

That's what I don't understand. If you're going to be one to try and determine what is or isn't "PC," you can't be picky about it. (You = SJW, not you lol)

When I saw the movie (which I normally don't do when it comes to war films bc I'm very sensitive over the loss of my cousin), I thought it was more or less opening eyes on mental disabilities after serving your country (amongst other things). It was very obvious that chris kyle suffered from ptsd and worked with other vets to try to help them as well as himself to overcome it, which was a great feat in my eyes. I often wonder how my cousin would've been if he came home and had to readjust to life again after spending his time over in Iraq. I think that is more important than anything else. But I understand not everybody thinks of it in that sense since people don't see mental illnesses as a real thing.

But I'm still at a loss as to why this movie is bad and other war films -- especially farces such as inglorious basterds is totally ok in most peoples eyes.

I was legitimately surprised that Kevin Smith went there. It wasn't so much offensive as it was just kinda pointless. But I guess it helped make Justin Long more detestable so we didn't feel so terrible when he became Mr. Tusk.

for sure, it was an odd choice.  also, i've been wanting to talk about the end.

There is NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL that his character would be put in any place like that. They would have put him down, it made no sense, and I hated it.

That's what I don't understand. If you're going to be one to try and determine what is or isn't "PC," you can't be picky about it. (You = SJW, not you lol)

When I saw the movie (which I normally don't do when it comes to war films bc I'm very sensitive over the loss of my cousin), I thought it was more or less opening eyes on mental disabilities after serving your country (amongst other things). It was very obvious that chris kyle suffered from ptsd and worked with other vets to try to help them as well as himself to overcome it, which was a great feat in my eyes. I often wonder how my cousin would've been if he came home and had to readjust to life again after spending his time over in Iraq. I think that is more important than anything else. But I understand not everybody thinks of it in that sense since people don't see mental illnesses as a real thing.

But I'm still at a loss as to why this movie is bad and other war films -- especially farces such as inglorious basterds is totally ok in most peoples eyes.

It makes no sense to me either. Seems like people just want to be in the spotlight putting down "controversial"  films that they had no part in making. I haven't seen the film yet, but I want to watch it because I enjoy the serious roles that Bradley Cooper plays, and it seems like an interesting film. 

Time is also a factor. WWII was fought by our nation at large. Barley 1% have been involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. I wasn't personally a huge fan of this film but it did show PTSD well and it is a huge, huge still largely unexplored problem that people who have fought our wars for us face. It's a biopic and complaining about it being racist is like saying that "selma" makes white people look unpleasant.  

I also agree with some points SJW types make, and I also hate the reddit route of just calling people morons. A lot of these people are young kids who are hurting too, show some care and show them how they can form better ideas and fight to end bad in the world. 

I'm sorry about your cousin and that is such a hard thing to have gone through. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic