Is it selfish of me or even unprofessional to be upset and annoyed when bands (which usually no one has heard of or started caring about) that I hype up & introduce on my music site/blog/whatever start gettting picked up & noticed by the bigger sites (BrooklynVegan, P4K, Noisey, etc.) and those same bands essentially disregard and dismiss what I have written up & hyped about them?

(There's a run-on sentence for ya!)

Is it selfish of me or even unprofessional to be upset and annoyed when bands (which usually no one has heard of or started caring about) that I hype up & introduce on my music site/blog/whatever start gettting picked up & noticed by the bigger sites (BrooklynVegan, P4K, Noisey, etc.) and those same bands essentially disregard and dismiss what I have written up & hyped about them?

Be annoyed... it has happened to me as well.

Yeah, I get how it works. I should have been more clear that I don't get the appeal.

it appealed to me because i have very very sensitive hearing. i thought about it just to tune things down...

and this is no joke but so many shows when i was younger has made them this way. i could see how these would be great as i carry plugs now.

then i could use them aka whisper 2000 type too.

it appealed to me because i have very very sensitive hearing. i thought about it just to tune things down...

and this is no joke but so many shows when i was younger has made them this way. i could see how these would be great as i carry plugs now.

then i could use them aka whisper 2000 type too.

I guess I just thinking that ear plugs do the job already, but I'm trying to think beyond that. Plugs have one "setting", which may or may not be good enough for whatever situation you're in. Being able to have something come at you at whatever volume is most comfortable sounds cool. My hearing is pretty awful from going to shows and from being in the engine room on a ship for so long so maybe these would be cool to have. Cheaper than hearing aids, for sure.

Yeah, I get how it works. I should have been more clear that I don't get the appeal.

ah true. like charlie, i have sensitive ears to certain sounds (thyroid probs =\) so it would be really cool/helpful to me

im trying to convice the ol bag.

fathers day!!

ol bag omg thats terrible

He's the President we deserve.

omg his quote about owning a gucci store thats worth more than mitt romney tho?? i C A N T. no way. does he really think he'll get votes with talk like that?

I guess I just thinking that ear plugs do the job already, but I'm trying to think beyond that. Plugs have one "setting", which may or may not be good enough for whatever situation you're in. Being able to have something come at you at whatever volume is most comfortable sounds cool. My hearing is pretty awful from going to shows and from being in the engine room on a ship for so long so maybe these would be cool to have. Cheaper than hearing aids, for sure.

ear plugs complete mute out each tone all at once. a giant muddied mess. its like someone talking into a pillow.

treble is an issue. id love to be able to turn that down. i cant express how much i hate noises.

f'n hate. im not talking a humming fridge.

Is it selfish of me or even unprofessional to be upset and annoyed when bands (which usually no one has heard of or started caring about) that I hype up & introduce on my music site/blog/whatever start gettting picked up & noticed by the bigger sites (BrooklynVegan, P4K, Noisey, etc.) and those same bands essentially disregard and dismiss what I have written up & hyped about them?

Not at all.  It happens.  Even if they don't care what is written, if it's positive, they still can keep their thoughts to themselves.  Maybe just respond with "cool" when they hear of a review

so we have a girl here.

name is angie.

i call her angela, then it morphed into Lansbury.

i call her Lansbury and NO ONE GETS IT.

ALL THESE 90'S BABIES AND MY JOKES ARE WORTHLESS. i would walk around here, confident, head up high knowing i could land anything.

now all i say is 'google it'

flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg

ear plugs complete mute out each tone all at once. a giant muddied mess. its like someone talking into a pillow.

treble is an issue. id love to be able to turn that down. i cant express how much i hate noises.

Very interesting. I hope they work well! The technology is really great.

theres a psychological disorder linked to being irritated by random sounds (chewing, talking, typing, etc.). it's commonly associated with fibromyalgia and i cant think of the name

she calls me worse so its only fair.

:P

uh oh haha

Very interesting. I hope they work well! The technology is really great.

me too. thx. havent decided yet. a LOT of cash that i dont like letting go of.

theres a psychological disorder linked to being irritated by random sounds (chewing, talking, typing, etc.). it's commonly associated with fibromyalgia and i cant think of the name

i was just looking this up. i have a few more tests next week. ill see if he can 'throw that one in'

It is pretty interesting, just read up on it a bit. A lot of sound does annoy me to no end, and I can't block it out like most people, but I think it's just because I'm easily annoyed. The wiki said it is pretty rare.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic