Haha sure does. It was a damn procedure to get myself out of work after it happend. I couldn't report my cut or the company instantly drug tests me then I lose my job. So I had to be sneaky and get the fuck out and take care of this myself.

I was wondering about that. It's our policy too, so I was worried for you!

Silly instagram. I feel worse for the dumb kids who don't know where to go to research prices, who are paying those prices. Someone always has to get over on someone I guess.

Well fuck, just found two really hard lymph nodes. One in my jaw, and the other beside my ear. Time to freak out for weeks, but never get it checked out, or get it checked out and it be nothing..... or it's cancer.

Well fuck, just found two really hard lymph nodes. One in my jaw, and the other beside my ear. Time to freak out for weeks, but never get it checked out, or get it checked out and it be nothing..... or it's cancer.

This happens to me once in awhile and I freak out. You're a smoker, right? Could just be irritation from that or you have a very minor infection your body is fighting off.

Or we both have cancer

Another odd thing, the lymph nodes are not swollen or enlarged just hard. I feel like they have been this way for years, and freaked out then then forgot.

please get them checked out!

with love,

someone who did 8 weeks of lymphoma chemotherapy

@brianlake3

Even better is that this dude bought one of those Fall of Troy ETR represses, then immediately auctioned it off on IG via @fivebuckvinyl. The thread took a shit. It was frustrating and hilarious all at the same time. Even better is when this tumblr lady came in and suggested joining VNYL. I almost burst in tears due to laughter. Hahaha.

I somehow came across FiveBuckVinyl and it seemed like a cool idea until I actually spent two minutes browsing the recent sales and realizing it was all horrendous bullshit. I'm actually trying to find the one post that settled it.

Oh, found it. It was Grizzly Bear - Horn of Plenty, that recent repress for RSD, sold for 32 bucks. Currently on Discogs for 14 bucks. When someone points out he could've gotten it from most records stores for 20 bucks at most, the guy says 'Eh, I don't mind paying a little extra for the love of vinyl.' The fuck does that even mean? I don't get why anyone who comes in and states the facts, that you're a dipshit if you pay these prices, is somehow like, a 'party pooper' or something. Not to mention not all the 'auctions' start a 5 bucks. And the user @fivebuckvinyl has to keep coming in asking if the guy sent money, if the guy shipping the record, like some bizarre third party mediator. The shit people come up with.

SOMEONE'S TRYING TO STEAL THIS FROM YOU!

Final prices are never seen, unless explicitly asked, and it's inevitably overpriced, and to even bid in the first place you have to do some wanky shit with fivebuckvinyl's bio link. Condition is given, for whatever that's worth (I haven't seen anything under Near Mint which worries me - the same people who consistently say spell vinyl incorrectly are grading things), but surprisingly, a lot of stuff is used, and the picture is almost never the actual item in question, just a representation. Thanks for the photo, random guy!  Sometimes stuff goes up for bid and fivebuckvinyl is conspicuously silent and everyone's going 'Huh? Did this get bid on?' I just wonder about the whole operation, is fivebuckvinyl getting paid mad money to do this? Can't people with smartphones look up common prices for these items before bidding? Why would people wanna sell over instagram in the first fucking place?

Tell ya what, I'm thinking that Brianlake3 guy is the mastermind

I somehow came across FiveBuckVinyl and it seemed like a cool idea until I actually spent two minutes browsing the recent sales and realizing it was all horrendous bullshit. I'm actually trying to find the one post that settled it.

Oh, found it. It was Grizzly Bear - Horn of Plenty, that recent repress for RSD, sold for 32 bucks. Currently on Discogs for 14 bucks. When someone points out he could've gotten it from most records stores for 20 bucks at most, the guy says 'Eh, I don't mind paying a little extra for the love of vinyl.' The fuck does that even mean? I don't get why anyone who comes in and states the facts, that you're a dipshit if you pay these prices, is somehow like, a 'party pooper' or something. Not to mention not all the 'auctions' start a 5 bucks. And the user @fivebuckvinyl has to keep coming in asking if the guy sent money, if the guy shipping the record, like some bizarre third party mediator. The shit people come up with.

I used it, and at first it was fine. But then realized what kind of people actually buy records off - they are complete morons. They know nothing about records, pricing, availability, etc. etc. I have tried to sale harder to find, rarer records on there that get 0 attention. Then people sell high run, widely available records, and people spend twice what it is worth. I've sold records on there and after shipping, stripe fee, and FBV fee, I've walked away with $2. Two, fucking, dollars. That doesn't include the cost of the mailer either. So in all reality I gave away a record. It's fucking ridiculous.

Then you get to deal with these fucking absurd 'artsy' photos they do. Is the record getting its own fucking photo shoot? Even putting that aside, you get to deal with douche bag flippers on there. Then I'm seeing the same, easy to come by shit every damn day. It's like they don't even care what people sell. They just put it up. How many fucking copies of that White Stripes BBC bootleg do they have? God damn. I absolutely hate that you can't see what it sold for. It bugs the shit out of me. Plus they fucking bug you as a seller to ship it if you haven't sent it out in 2 days. Come the fuck on. People have shit to do. They'll ship it when they can.

I've learned my lesson - if they don't sell on here, put them on Discogs and let them sit.

Basically, go buy Taylor Swift's 1989 for $19 shipped on Amazon, sell it on FBV, and make $20. (Yes, that happened.)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic