So, I got out of work early on Thursday, and bought myself a new-ish car. I love it.

CI8exNYWcAALK7l.jpg

Cruze's are nice, I've driven my Grandmothers a few times. Looks nice and clean.

Second-round job interview in two-ish hours. I need this job so badly, if for no other reason than it's an actual full-time, salary-based position that has actual career growth potential. They told me they were very impressed in the first interview, so I think I have a good shot at this.

You can do it! Good luck!

I'll never stop being an asshole, Tess. Deal with it!

And seriously, birthdays are stupid though. They really don't serve any purpose. People make such a big deal out of them (not saying you did at all Brian; I just have a thing against how exaggerated that are).

I think they're cool as an excuse to be like "We're doing what I want today"

I think they're cool as an excuse to be like "We're doing what I want today"

That I can agree. That's perfectly fine, but when people think are they are the coolest thing to ever happen just cause it's birthday just pisses me off. Like, fine, it's your birthday, that's fun, but it's not a HUGE deal. Not only does it happen to EVERYONE, but it happens once a year. I mean come on. When you're a kid they're fun, and even as a teen, but when these people are almost 30 and are acting like it's the first birthday they've ever had, I can't.

I'm just not a holiday / birthday / celebrating type of person anyway. Maybe that's just me.

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July!

Mine was lovely D4th of July was fabulous.  Tim Barry rocked, per usual.  Toys that Kill are such an amazing band.  Off With Their Heads are always tons of fun.  Lifter Puller was the surprise band and were great, but I hadn't heard of them till last week when my friend let me know they were the surprise band.  Dillinger 4 were shockingly not drunk for their set and were tight.  Not a big Against Me! fan but they are a really great live band.

Ended up missing Underground Railroad to Candyland because they went on so late at night and we couldn't make it through the first comedian they had.  She was so bad.

Then I get to show up to work today still on light duty and they don't have any light duty work for me.  So I have to burn a vacation day or I get to stay and do full work which would possibly screw up any potential workers comp stuff.  I'm not looking to make a big deal about what happened but it pisses me off when they keep trying to ignore the work restrictions I have.  I even tried calling the Dr to see if they would remove them but they said no way, and I'll probably have restrictions for a while longer.

That I can agree. That's perfectly fine, but when people think are they are the coolest thing to ever happen just cause it's birthday just pisses me off. Like, fine, it's your birthday, that's fun, but it's not a HUGE deal. Not only does it happen to EVERYONE, but it happens once a year. I mean come on. When you're a kid they're fun, and even as a teen, but when these people are almost 30 and are acting like it's the first birthday they've ever had, I can't.

I'm just not a holiday / birthday / celebrating type of person anyway. Maybe that's just me.

I hate holidays and I hate fun. But birthdays are alright. That might just be because birthday sex is dope.

I've done literally nothing on my birthday far more times than I've done anything though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic