I'm not close with my family at all, no siblings, and my father is passed on. My mother and i have been growing apart for a long time, and I think a big space between her and I would help me work on my future better than the feeling of being obligated to stay here 

I'm not super close to my family, but they are certianly there if I need it. It was more my friends who helped me through it all. It's been a bit rough since my best friend moved away in the spring, since him and his girlfriend has been the most helpful to me.

I'm one of those weirdos that loves DF over Discogs. It's just so simple and easy to read for me. I get all my info from discogs then put it into my DF.

I thought I was weird for liking Discogs more. I prefer to go by existing releases, but I expect that most like to just type it in.

I thought I was weird for liking Discogs more. I prefer to go by existing releases, but I expect that most like to just type it in.

I just get so tired of having to dig out records and compare matrix stamps and such when going through a 40 year old album on discogs so I'm totally sure which copy it is...

I just get so tired of having to dig out records and compare matrix stamps and such when going through a 40 year old album on discogs so I'm totally sure which copy it is...

I just guess usually. If I'm going to sell it, I'll look it up, but for my indexing I just go with the closest.

I just guess usually. If I'm going to sell it, I'll look it up, but for my indexing I just go with the closest.

I probably would, but loving the fact that Discogs will give you a total estimation on your collection's value, it makes sense to me to have everything down to the point for renter's insurance in case my stuff got destroyed [awful thought :( ]

I probably would, but loving the fact that Discogs will give you a total estimation on your collection's value, it makes sense to me to have everything down to the point for renter's insurance in case my stuff got destroyed [awful thought :( ]

I like having that handy, but it sucks because I have more than ten things that have never sold.

I like having that handy, but it sucks because I have more than ten things that have never sold.

Discogs will surprise you sometimes. Literally two days ago I sold a really fucking obscure record that I thought I'd just wind up throwing into my next order for free. But nope. Made $15 off of it.

That feature is handy. My renters insurance requires me to photograph every single record to submit. It's a pain. I have not done it in a long time, so I should probably catch up.

Oh for sure. As much as I would love to stay in PDX and figure this shit out, I don't really see it working. This place is negative to my mental health just because of what I associate with it. So I need out. And thanks, dude. I appreciate that.

No problem. Hope you figure it all out soon.

Discogs will surprise you sometimes. Literally two days ago I sold a really fucking obscure record that I thought I'd just wind up throwing into my next order for free. But nope. Made $15 off of it.

Nice. I love when that happens.

Working on it. Haha. My ex, as much as an ass she is for ruining me, brought up some good points that I need to work on myself. After 4 months I have finally aligned what I need to do, and do it for me, and no one else. We'll see what happens.

Thanks, bud.

When I say it's VC, I'm not really putting VC down, just that it's some pretty heavy shit, and I don't to hang all my laundry out to dry sort of speak. It's maybe a little too heavy, and personal for VC, as far as I'm concerned. But I know there are great people on here, even if they are 15; don't care about age.

And thank you. I desired to get away from VA for so long, and start a new. I tried things out, but I think I was doing them all for the wrong reasons (moving to be with a girlfriend, mostly), and I want to get a fresh start mentally, then a fresh start geographically. I think that's what why I haven't been happy. I need to fix the formula, then execute properly (at least I think for me that's what it is going to take). I was hoping getting away from VA would be the cure all, but my fucks up and ass backwards motives fucked up whatever good that was going to come out of it. We'll see what happens. I'm doing this cause this is the only thing I can think of. I'll go back to VA, do what I know, keep it simple. My best friend is a huge part of my life and I've been away from him for 4+ years. So being able to see him whenever again will help tremendously, especially since he knows me so well.

You're welcome. And I totally understand the need for that one friend who understands you on levels no one else does. I've lost a few friends in the past 3-5 years due to health problems, so the number of people I can confide in and trust here has dwindled to almost none. I enjoy the idea of meeting new people and hopefully starting new and strong friendships somewhere no one has any reservations based on anything in my past. I didn't move to SC until I was a teen, and have never been happy here coming from just outside off Atlanta. I need big city movement and people who aren't so involved in what is going on in my life to entertain themselves... Number one hobby here is stirring up shit and causing drama :(

Welp, I just got my white whale for $30.

Thirty, fucking, dollars. I have offered people $500 for it and they wouldn't budge.

This dude contacted me after seeing my Caspian collection and offered to me at cost. I am fucking floored.

Plus Phil will be giving me his personal copy. So I'll keep Phil's (if that happens - he has to check), and give this one to a fellow collector at some point.

Damn.

Mental health is no joke. Do what you need to get right, dude.

I totally understand not wanting to put all your shit out there on a public forum. I'm going through some shit I don't feel comfortable talking about as well.

But as weird as it is, this really is a good place to find some additional support. We've got an odd but caring assortment of strangers here in Small Talk.

Thirty, fucking, dollars. I have offered people $500 for it and they wouldn't budge.

This dude contacted me after seeing my Caspian collection and offered to me at cost. I am fucking floored.

Plus Phil will be giving me his personal copy. So I'll keep Phil's (if that happens - he has to check), and give this one to a fellow collector at some point.

Damn.

Which one? I was looking at the few records you are missing and was amazed at how scarce they seem to be both here and on discogs... (talking about the clear maroon & the two Pilsners you need) 

Damn.

Good people still exist out there. Even in Ireland.

Damn.

That's amazing! \(^○^)/

Not going to quote your long post Matt. But hey, we met through small talk and you know I'v got your back. You're also 10 feet away from me right now so I feel weird even typing this. But hey post count, right? Whatevs. We've got a little more than a month left together. Let's live it up.

Edit:  :wub:

Damn.

Those two copies make for two killer stories. That's great!

Damn.

This is so dope. What release/variant?

Your collection really makes me wish I had started buying Caspian vinyl back around 2005 when I discovered them. I miss having the kind of disposable income I had back then. I'd still have those records, but those drugs I bought instead are long gone.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic