That's why it was confusing. I woke up half worried, until I realized I'm 29 years old, not 18.

I always end up having weird dreams when I'm sick, or if I skip a day on my anxiety meds. The dreams are terrible if they change my meds or dosage too.

I've had some of those and woken up confused and thinking a project or something was due or that I made a total ass of myself or something. One time I took a nap and woke up at 7PM and thought it was 7AM and I was late for school. Came crashing downstairs in my uniform and everyone was eating dinner. I said fuck homework and went back to sleep

I had a weird dream last night, where I was back in my senior year of high school and skipped a month and was worried I was going to fail. The weird part was that I had the memory of already graduating college and was worried how failing my senior year would affect already having a college degree.

Oh man...funny enough, I actually had a very similar dream a few weeks ago where I found out my high school diploma didn't count and I never really graduated and had to go back. But then I didn't remember anything and thought I was gonna fail and then my college degree wouldn't count and that my entire life was a lie. I woke up at 3am freaking out that I didn't want to go back to hs haha

Oh man...funny enough, I actually had a very similar dream a few weeks ago where I found out my high school diploma didn't count and I never really graduated and had to go back. But then I didn't remember anything and thought I was gonna fail and then my college degree wouldn't count and that my entire life was a lie. I woke up at 3am freaking out that I didn't want to go back to hs haha

My math class has an extra desk in the back for you

Do. Really great death metal. I like their debut, Of Fracture & Failure, more, but Everything Is Fire's (their sophomore) first vinyl pressing is taking pre-orders now.

Link please?

Have you heard Fallujah? I found their 2nd the other day cheap and it's pretty cool. Death metal drums and vocals with some cool melodic guitar just noodling around.

Also while I'm on the music-recommending chain, I posted this earlier:

http://dionaea.bandcamp.com/

Really cool stuff here. Been listening to these guys for a while. It nice blend of post rock and, like, technical grind core, maybe? I don't know. Listen to it. And if you like it, really cop of the vinyl. It's a fantastic pressing, and they really need it. I ordered it like a year after they pressed it, and I got 90 out of 250.

If you know of Psyopus, definitely check these guys out. I don't even like Psyopus, but the album in the Bandcamp link is great.

Haha, that is very similar to mine. So odd.

Psyopus is... Interesting. I can't dig them. They're like if The Fall Of Troy's technical parts lasted an entire song and were slightly faster. Dionaea is similar, but it's done better, and they break it up with nice post rock bits.

I'd call that first genre "guitar wank metal". People always know what I mean. :P

Yeah, can't exactly tell my dad to go fuck himself :/

Instead I remind him that he is currently listening to Jimmy Buffett which is almost the same thing.

When I was younger, I was listening to Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns with my headphones in the family computer (the only computer to which I had access). I moved my arm wrong and unplugged the headphones right on like the major breakdown of the song, and my dad was watcing TV in the same room. He was like "You need to change your taste in music!!" And demanded I show him the lyrics of the song, then proceeded to show me that the lyrics were about Satan and that I should not be listening to it and I really wanted to be like "You listen to The Rolling Stones."

When I was younger, I was listening to Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns with my headphones in the family computer (the only computer to which I had access). I moved my arm wrong and unplugged the headphones right on like the major breakdown of the song, and my dad was watcing TV in the same room. He was like "You need to change your taste in music!!" And demanded I show him the lyrics of the song, then proceeded to show me that the lyrics were about Satan and that I should not be listening to it and I really wanted to be like "You listen to The Rolling Stones."

I've had many a battle. He tried to tell me Iron Maiden was going g to make me join a cult or something. Sympathy for the Devil is by no means a satanic song either, you dense motherfucker.

My parents have never cared what I listen to and I'm so glad that they didn't. During the Nirvana Hall of Fame induction speech, Dave Grohl mentioned that his mom was supportive of his music taste, and it made me realize how lucky I was/am.

I've had many a battle. He tried to tell me Iron Maiden was going g to make me join a cult or something. Sympathy for the Devil is by no means a satanic song either, you dense motherfucker.

The Rolling Stones have exactly two songs worth my time, and that's one of them.

Paint it, Black is the other one.

It isn't, but if you can twist a band like Killswitch Engage's lyrics like that, then the point still stands. :P

My dad was in his early 60s though. There was no changing his mind.

My parents have never cared what I listen to and I'm so glad that they didn't. During the Nirvana Hall of Fame induction speech, Dave Grohl mentioned that his mom was supportive of his music taste, and it made me realize how lucky I was/am.

My dad is a pain in the ass and my mom and I just laugh about it. I operate on more of a "forgiveness rather than permission" system for most things now anyway.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic