I'm paid slightly more than $15 an hour and I still can't live off of that and I don't even have a family. I don't live a fancy life but student loans is what kills it for me. They really need to get something done about that. College just costs so much money !

Yeah, student loans seem scary. I'm hoping to get some scholarship money to help, but I don't know if I'm good enough.

I'm paid slightly more than $15 an hour and I still can't live off of that and I don't even have a family. I don't live a fancy life but student loans is what kills it for me. They really need to get something done about that. College just costs so much money !

I'll start paying off my loans in January. But they want me to pay close 200 a month for something like 10 years. And I don't even have that much in loans. I took the loans to support my lifestyle so its mostly my fault. But I can't imagine people with $50,000+

Yeah, student loans seem scary. I'm hoping to get some scholarship money to help, but I don't know if I'm good enough.

Not sure how Arizona is/whatever college you go to. But scholarships will probably be your best bet. I doubt you are going to qualify for grants. Thats what kept my tuition so low thankfully.

I make a little over $16/hr, and am in the same boat. Once my loans are paid off, everything will be much more comfortable, but it's not going to make life luxurious or anything. I worked for $9.25/hr for years, it was impossible. I ran out of all the money I had saved living at home in a little over a year. The wage issue in this country is insane, and is obviously not working. 

I'll start paying off my loans in January. But they want me to pay close 200 a month for something like 10 years. And I don't even have that much in loans. I took the loans to support my lifestyle so its mostly my fault. But I can't imagine people with $50,000+

I'm paying about $500 a month just for loans and I'm told I got it easy. My roommate pays about $1300 a month. I don't even know what I would do in that situation.

Raising minimum wage will only cut jobs because business owners are greedy. It would actually BOOST the economy because people would have more fucking money to put back into it. Some asshole CEO is hoarding money in offshore accounts. Some dude working a shitty job is going to SPEND the money he makes.

Raising minimum wage will only cut jobs because business owners are greedy. It would actually BOOST the economy because people would have more fucking money to put back into it. Some asshole CEO is hoarding money in offshore accounts. Some dude working a shitty job is going to SPEND the money he makes.

Why the jobs would be cut is irrelevant. You can't get rid of assholes unfortunately, so you have to work around it. Yeah, more money would be theoretically flowing, but wouldn't the universal jump in wages lead to a universal jump in prices and pretty much even things back out? Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand because I don't really know anyone to talk about this kind of shit to.

I heard Walmart has to raise their wages so they decided to just add more self serve registers and get rid of the people that worked the registers. It's absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how getting rid of cashiers is stopping Walmart from going bankrupt. Maybe they should stop opening so many fucking stores.

Why the jobs would be cut is irrelevant. You can't get rid of assholes unfortunately, so you have to work around it. Yeah, more money would be theoretically flowing, but wouldn't the universal jump in wages lead to a universal jump in prices and pretty much even things back out? Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand because I don't really know anyone to talk about this kind of shit to.

No, that's a myth propagated by opposers of raising the minimum wage (rich assholes)

If minimum wage kept pace with inflation (compared to the 1970s) it would be nearly $30/hr

I heard Walmart has to raise their wages so they decided to just add more self serve registers and get rid of the people that worked the registers. It's absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how getting rid of cashiers is stopping Walmart from going bankrupt. Maybe they should stop opening so many fucking stores.

It is not keeping them from going bankrupt. It would keep a (comparatively) miniscule amount of money away from the Walton family.

I 100% believe the Waltons should be publicly executed for crimes against humanity.

No, that's a myth propagated by opposers of raising the minimum wage (rich assholes)

If minimum wage kept pace with inflation (compared to the 1970s) it would be nearly $30/hr

Why wouldn't it? The rich assholes" would want to keep making the same amount or more so that's what they would have to do for an increased labor cost. Right?

That's what I'm talking about. Imagine that happening on a much wider scale, especially here in the right to work (that is what it's called right?) states. Rich people want to continue living on the same margins and will do shitty things to do so.

Yes but the increase itself would cause such slight inflation that it wouldn't matter.

Greed. The problem is greed.

The problem is greed because if rich people want to make the same amount of money and have to pay significantly larger amounts to workers, wouldn't they have to raise their prices accordingly? Which would be justified and still "work" because everyone has more to spend, and we are back at square one? I want it fixed, it just sounds like this would break it worse and further devalue the dollar.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic