No amount of taxation is going to make up for the job we lose to automation in the next decade or two.

It is going to be a pretty wild ride. I'm curious to see if the standard of living drops low enough that we see some legitimate mobilization for protests or if we'll just keep the slacktivist boat chugging along. 

you would think that ppl making minimum wages should get perks to offset more deductions coming out of their checks.

free healthcare - this should be mandatory

lower tax deductions

allowance for school (not saying they aren’t educated but to give them reimbursement money for passing grades)

the list is endless.

This sounds great, but how can we pay for these new government programs? Not trying to be a smartass, just legitimately wondering what you'd propose because this sounds like the best idea I've heard from you guys so far.

I am so fucking baffled at how I lived it up as an early 20 year-old making $7.25 an hour working sometimes only 15 hours a week paying my part of rent and utilities. Granted, I had to ask for a dollar sometimes just to be able to afford a McDonalds hamburger and I had a crap phone and no computer, but I was seriously having the time of my life.

I make significantly more now and do so much less day-to-day.

It's some fucking gypsy bullshit.

Wages blow and have since back when things weren't so crazy expensive like 10 or 15 years ago. In my early twenties I was working my ass off at what was one, but really two jobs. Having two locations in one town allows for you to pick up as much time as you can stand if someone is willing to give up shifts. Many times I can remember opening one store, leaving at 5 for the other, then closing it at 1am only to be back to open again at 9... it gets old really fast trying to get by but killing yourself while watching others walk on water right past you...

This sounds great, but how can we pay for these new government programs? Not trying to be a smartass, just legitimately wondering what you'd propose because this sounds like the best idea I've heard from you guys so far.

the gov't does whatever they want. they make up rules to save money, they skip steps to save their asses. we, used to be the people.

no matter how much the debt grows, they always have money, they just will never spend it taking care of us.

state government too. our douche bag governor cut arts from our schools years ago and keeps demolishing the education funding as im sure with every state.since each state has different laws and costs of livings, it should be required by them to develop tiers of education and health that can be afforded and beneficial to themselves and employees.

do federal employees really need all those holidays? maybe. ill give the soliders those days but not Bob from IT.

Free health care should be a right, not what we have now. We already pay for medicare/medicaid and for people who make less than poverty to go to the hospital with our tax dollars. What's a little more tax money in the grand scheme of things to cover everyone. The problem with the heath care system lies more in the providers overcharging for meds, service, etc. Don't get me started on the pharmaceutical companies.

the gov't does whatever they want. they make up rules to save money, they skip steps to save their asses. we, used to be the people.

no matter how much the debt grows, they always have money, they just will never spend it taking care of us.

state government too. our douche bag governor cut arts from our schools years ago and keeps demolishing the education funding as im sure with every state.since each state has different laws and costs of livings, it should be required by them to develop tiers of education and health that can be afforded and beneficial to themselves and employees.

do federal employees really need all those holidays? maybe. ill give the soliders those days but not Bob from IT.

The funny math the government does is part of why we're fucked, but economics still apply. We will have to find some kind of an additional tax, and who is going to pay it?

my healthcare plan i just signed up for changed.

i now have to pay 100% of the retail cost (prescriptions) until i meed my deductible.

not pay coinsurance or a copay but 100%.

my wife is on 4-5 meds a month and family deductibles are HIGH.

fuck these fuckin fuckers

I forget the name to those type of plans, but they are fucking stupid. They tried to do that here, where I'd have to spend $5k before the benefits kicked in. It'd only work if you were young and healthy and never left your house.

Free health care should be a right, not what we have now. We already pay for medicare/medicaid and for people who make less than poverty to go to the hospital with our tax dollars. What's a little more tax money in the grand scheme of things to cover everyone. The problem with the heath care system lies more in the providers overcharging for meds, service, etc. Don't get me started on the pharmaceutical companies.

The insurance business IS fucked, but what can we do to fix it?

The funny math the government does is part of why we're fucked, but economics still apply. We will have to find some kind of an additional tax, and who is going to pay it?

ppl pay tax increases for new stadiums. my point is, if the majority of the people want something, everyone in the end pays for it.

Get rid of it by socializing medicine.

How could we go about doing that?

Hey, you. You with the successful (crooked) business. Fuck you, you aren't allowed to have that anymore, or if you do get to keep it you're getting considerably less money.

I can't see that ever becoming reality regardless of how shitty insurance is

Rich people. Rich people need to be taxed at a much higher rate than poor people. They can cry about working hard all they want but if these assholes really loved this country the way they say they do they'd fucking pay up.

I forget the name to those type of plans, but they are fucking stupid. They tried to do that here, where I'd have to spend $5k before the benefits kicked in. It'd only work if you were young and healthy and never left your house.

High deductible. I have that. I have never gone to the doctor as an adult.

How could we go about doing that?

Hey, you. You with the successful (crooked) business. Fuck you, you aren't allowed to have that anymore, or if you do get to keep it you're getting considerably less money.

I can't see that ever becoming reality regardless of how shitty insurance is

Yes. That's how we should do it.

I'm serious about killing and eating the 1%. Will we use some sincerely altruistic million/billionaires? Yeah but you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet

Rich people. Rich people need to be taxed at a much higher rate than poor people. They can cry about working hard all they want but if these assholes really loved this country the way they say they do they'd fucking pay up.

Alright, here's my thing on that. The top tax bracket is already at 50something%. How much more can we raise it? If the top tax bracket can't live like they do, they'll have no reason to put in the kind of work they do to get there. That, or they'll fuck off to another country like what happened when England kept raising taxes.

Alright, here's my thing on that. The top tax bracket is already at 50something%. How much more can we raise it? If the top tax bracket can't live like they do, they'll have no reason to put in the kind of work they do to get there. That, or they'll fuck off to another country like what happened when England kept raising taxes.

Oh Christ, did you read Atlas Shrugged or something?

No it isn't. I pay a higher effective tax rate than Mitt Romney... he paid less than 5% a year the last time that he ran for President.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic