But it would certainly happen, which is what creates the real issue. People wouldn't take nicely to being "demoted to minimum wage" by staying the same. Greed is the running theme here.

Yes and those people are bad people. Raising others up is not lowering others down. It's why anti-feminists are clueless morons.

People who currently make $15+/hr crying about it being "unfair" if minimum wage is raised are also part of the problem.

Exactly. If you're an engineer making $15/hr, you should probably reevaluate the company you work for. 

Also, who has the right to dictate that their job is anymore important than someone elses? If you go to school to be an accountant, why do you DESERVE to make more than the guy at the fast food joint? Because you went to school? If everyone went to school, there would be no fast food workers, no janitors, or any other job people think of as low. They are still important and needed jobs, so why do they not deserve to be paid a livable wage? Fuck the CEO making billions, while his employees make nothing. Our Oligarchy of a country is the problem, and will most likely never be fixed since greed will always exists, but there needs to be something to change the 1%'s wealth gap.

Yes and those people are bad people. Raising others up is not lowering others down. It's why anti-feminists are clueless morons.

I didn't say it's a good thing, I just said that's how it would be. I don't think any action can be taken until all the possible problems are addressed and solved so we actually fix a major problem rather than create 3 more.

Also, who has the right to dictate that their job is anymore important than someone elses? If you go to school to be an accountant, why do you DESERVE to make more than the guy at the fast food joint? Because you went to school? If everyone went to school, there would be no fast food workers, no janitors, or any other job people think of as low. They are still important and needed jobs, so why do they not deserve to be paid a livable wage? Fuck the CEO making billions, while his employees make nothing. Our Oligarchy of a country is the problem, and will most likely never be fixed since greed will always exists, but there needs to be something to change the 1%'s wealth gap.

Shit, I know people with degrees who need to work fast food type unskilled jobs.

I currently make considerably more than my coworkers (well, about $1/hr). If the minimum wage goes up we will all be making the same. BUT I WONT CARE ABOUT THAT.

It's shitty people do, I'm just saying with our entitlement issues in America it will happen and cause the inflation I was talking about. If just minimum wage went up it would create a huge problem and would be good, it's the other people who create a problem

Shit, I know people with degrees who need to work fast food type unskilled jobs.

That also exists. It just seems to be those type of people that complain when others make a fair wage. "I worked my ass off in school, and this just works at Arbys. It's not fair he will only make a few $'s less than me!". Selfish fucking assholes.

From my point of view, it isn't that something is more important, it's that it requires either more risk or skill and sometimes both. Being an accountant requires more skill than working fast food, so less people can do it and someone who can is less common than someone who does fast food and is therefore more desirable to an employer so they pay them more to entice one of them. In the "risk" category, I'd say opening your own business. If I can make the same working fast food as opening a business, why would I risk the money and spend so much time and effort getting my business going to be successful if I won't see any economic benefit? I wouldn't say the jobs are more important, just more in demand because a smaller group can do them.

ask yourself, can someone making my burger do my taxes or budgeting for the city spending in 2016? chances are no.

can my tax person make me a burger, yes.

i dont care what or who gets what. i believe that people need fair wages to survive.

its not 'deserving' at all in my eyes. you work hard you get rewarded. there are always jobs out there, push yourself to be better and bump someone from their spot.

i worked back breaking jobs all my life until i said 'fuck no'. im done.

That also exists. It just seems to be those type of people that complain when others make a fair wage. "I worked my ass off in school, and this just works at Arbys. It's not fair he will only make a few $'s less than me!". Selfish fucking assholes.

Yup, I agree 100% and am not defending them,I'm just saying what I think would happen. If we raised minimum wage now I feel almost certain the events I outlined would happen and that would create the same problems and more.

All good points Charlie. It's such a hard topic to debate or fix. I agree something needs to be done, and everyone deserves a livable wage. I guess my use of "deserve" was not the correct verbiage I should have bee using.

All good points Charlie. It's such a hard topic to debate or fix. I agree something needs to be done, and everyone deserves a livable wage. I guess my use of "deserve" was not the correct verbiage I should have bee using.

I think something needs to be done too, I was just trying to spark a little debate here to get some exposure to other opinions and hear reasoning.

Hey Thomas, thanks to you and Matt I'm now on a full scale purge/refresh of my entire digital library after getting me into the difference of FLAC. The most across the board difference so far is that all that low end I thought my receiver lacked is there suddenly... I didn't think MP3 Lossy stripped away so much bass and depth...

Yeah, it can be pretty noticeable on certain albums and with decent equipment. Some albums, usually poorly recorded/mastered ones and such, don't offer much difference between a good MP3 and lossless. If you have the space though, might as well go all lossless just for archiving purposes.

you would think that ppl making minimum wages should get perks to offset more deductions coming out of their checks.

free healthcare - this should be mandatory

lower tax deductions

allowance for school (not saying they aren’t educated but to give them reimbursement money for passing grades)

the list is endless.

Louis-C.K.s-Wise-Quote-On-Looking-Into-a

Only read this last page, but this seems sorta relevant. Also, I will admit that I haven't had to have a minimum wage job in a long time so it can be hard to relate... but I am a fucking human that wants other humans to not have to work 80 hours/week just to afford to have a roof and food.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic