Short answer, none are good.

So basically you can either replace your sound card in your PC, or get the DAC. I suggest the latter.

Awesome, thank you for the help! I plan on getting a DAC in the next handful of weeks or possibly when taxes come back. I'm not comp savvy enough to judge sound cards and feel I would prefer the ease of a DAC over having to do any internal work to my comp anyhow. You are my best resource, so please tell me if my questions get too numerous k? ;)

Ahh, one of my bffs/biggest babe ever gave me that as a gift. Along with all the other MOMR stuff she has helped with. She's a partner with the label. Don't think I can ever part with the things she's given me  :wub:

I feel that, I'd never ask anyone to get rid of a gift cause I'm the same way

Awesome, thank you for the help! I plan on getting a DAC in the next handful of weeks or possibly when taxes come back. I'm not comp savvy enough to judge sound cards and feel I would prefer the ease of a DAC over having to do any internal work to my comp anyhow. You are my best resource, so please tell me if my questions get too numerous k? ;)

Bitchin. Then you'll just need some open cans and a headphone amp.

And nah, dude. You're good.

Unsure if you're already dead set on the schiit stack but look into an O2+oDAC combo if not. I used to use this before I got an integrated amplifier, now I just relay my PCs audio through with a toslink cable and send it to my speakers. The integrated amp functions as an external DAC and actually powers my q701s very well. That's another idea to look into too.

I don't even comprehend what that means.

I googled it after to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding what it meant.  It's basically just a bunch of dudes joking about being raped, raping women, "Plan C", which is pushing a woman down the stairs, and then a lot of people asking why men shouldn't be accepted in "all shapes and sizes", and why women objectify men, not realizing that feminism is advocating that stuff, it just happened to be named feminism because they got sick of all the shit faster since historically, it hasn't been too great for them.

Unsure if you're already dead set on the schiit stack but look into an O2+oDAC combo if not. I used to use this before I got an integrated amplifier, now I just relay my PCs audio through with a toslink cable and send it to my speakers. The integrated amp functions as an external DAC and actually powers my q701s very well. That's another idea to look into too.

I've looked at and watched so many review videos, but the Schiit stuff seems to fit best with what space I have, and the type of set up I want over all after I'm able to upgrade each thing a piece at the time... I can't be the only one here with a document file titled "wish list" or "upgrades" lol

I need to change my digital set-up soon. I'm pretty sure the Airport Express is causing all my network issues. I had it hardwired into a router, and after I left it paused for 2-3 minutes the network no longer could see it on the network. I had to hook into it directly, and reconfigure it, then it happened again after I left it paused again.

Not sure how to change my set-up, since I don't sit at a desk or anything when I listen to music, just lay on the couch. I supposed I could run a usb cable to the DAC, but it's be close to the distance limit.

I need to change my digital set-up soon. I'm pretty sure the Airport Express is causing all my network issues. I had it hardwired into a router, and after I left it paused for 2-3 minutes the network no longer could see it on the network. I had to hook into it directly, and reconfigure it, then it happened again after I left it paused again.

Not sure how to change my set-up, since I don't sit at a desk or anything when I listen to music, just lay on the couch. I supposed I could run a usb cable to the DAC, but it's be close to the distance limit.

At what distance does USB signal begin to decay? 25 ft?

I googled it after to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding what it meant. It's basically just a bunch of dudes joking about being raped, raping women, "Plan C", which is pushing a woman down the stairs, and then a lot of people asking why men shouldn't be accepted in "all shapes and sizes", and why women objectify men, not realizing that feminism is advocating that stuff, it just happened to be named feminism because they got sick of all the shit faster since historically, it hasn't been too great for them.

Jesus

I've looked at and watched so many review videos, but the Schiit stuff seems to fit best with what space I have, and the type of set up I want over all after I'm able to upgrade each thing a piece at the time... I can't be the only one here with a document file titled "wish list" or "upgrades" lol

Yeah I've done this haha, it gives me time to decide if the purchase is what I truly want or if it's just an impulse

At what distance does USB signal begin to decay? 25 ft?

5m is the max, like ~15feet.

Edit: I need to sell my Schiit Modi optical, and grab a modi 2 uber soon. I wish I got one in the first place, but I figured all I needed was the toslink input at the time.

5m is the max, like ~15feet.

Edit: I need to sell my Schiit Modi optical, and grab a modi 2 uber soon. I wish I got one in the first place, but I figured all I needed was the toslink input at the time.

Oh my bad, I was thinking of it as signal degradation but it's limited by response time instead.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic