The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Guest realtalk

Lol yes we are all lying about the facts of mathematical probability because we want all the colored vinyl to ourselves. Jesus.

Anyway, modernvinyl tweeted to stay tuned for a Halloween related announcement at 12 EST. Perhaps mondo?

Well if 10+ people I know have EVERY TIME across multiple releases ordered 2 copies and EVERY TIME got 1 BLACK, 1 COLOR then I'd say it is HIGHLY PROBABLE that you WILL get the "randomly inserted variant", where applicable.

Btw, you have zero FACTS about the probability of getting a colored copy because you have ZERO FACTS about pressing numbers.

If you really knew about probability then you'd realize how INSANELY IMPROBABLE it is that 10+ people through all if the randomly inserted releases all get 1 color and 1 black.

IF YOU WANT A COLOR COPY, ORDER 2 FRIENDS! :D

REALTALK.

There is literally no way to tell from a colored or black Mondo vinyl.  I've definitely heard cases where multiple copies were bought and all black copies were received.  You could probably find that to be the case in this very thread if you go back into it far enough.  Buying 2 copies certainly doesn't guarantee 1 of each, this much I'm 100% positive about.

Well if 10+ people I know have EVERY TIME across multiple releases ordered 2 copies and EVERY TIME got 1 BLACK, 1 COLOR then I'd say it is HIGHLY PROBABLE that you WILL get the "randomly inserted variant", where applicable.

Btw, you have zero FACTS about the probability of getting a colored copy because you have ZERO FACTS about pressing numbers.

If you really knew about probability then you'd realize how INSANELY IMPROBABLE it is that 10+ people through all if the randomly inserted releases all get 1 color and 1 black.

IF YOU WANT A COLOR COPY, ORDER 2 FRIENDS! :D

REALTALK.

You are a dunce.

Guest realtalk

Again, if you guys really knew about probability, you would realize that the odds of what I said happening... are INSANELY IMPROBABLE if they were actually "randomly inserted".

I'm not saying guaranteed because there's no way to check. BUT it is safe to say that it is VERY VERY VERY LIKELY that if you order 2, you will get a colored copy and a black.

BUY 2, GET 1 COLOR, GET 1 black has worked for at least 11 people across many releases so its fair to say that Mondo does that.

Some flippers will hate me for sharing this but the secret is out.

Truth / Realtalk.

Again, if you guys really knew about probability, you would realize that the odds of what I said happening... are INSANELY IMPROBABLE if they were actually "randomly inserted".

I'm not saying guaranteed because there's no way to check. BUT it is safe to say that it is VERY VERY VERY LIKELY that if you order 2, you will get a colored copy and a black.

BUY 2, GET 1 COLOR, GET 1 black has worked for at least 11 people across many releases so its fair to say that Mondo does that.

Truth / Realtalk.

Buying up multiple Mondo vinyl copies to get a variant isn't really a secret and it has been done for a while now.  This isn't new information you're sharing.  Not meant to sound harsh but this is common practice among the variant collectors and variant flippers

It's a coin flip, except the odds are worse than 50% (that is a FACT).

Will some people get two heads? Two Tails? A heads and a tails? The answer is yes.

If someone flips ten coins could they get all tails? Yes. Is it more unlikely than any other outcome? No. Because every time you flip a coin it's a 50% chance, the probability doesn't change.

Guest realtalk

There is literally no way to tell from a colored or black Mondo vinyl.  I've definitely heard cases where multiple copies were bought and all black copies were received.  You could probably find that to be the case in this very thread if you go back into it far enough.  Buying 2 copies certainly doesn't guarantee 1 of each, this much I'm 100% positive about.

I ordered two copies of Drive in one order when they went up on Mondo and both were black.

BOOM! REALTALK DESTROYED IN SECONDS.

Yep, I specifically remember there being cases with the Drive - OST since the pink vinyl was so highly coveted.

And HIGHLY PROBABLE does not mean guaranteed. That is basic probability language which you should understand if you're going to discuss.

If I have time, I will actually show you the math of how INSANELY IMPROBABLE that it is just chance that over 10 people all get 1 black, 1 color every time across multiple releases. i will do this based on rooks supposed 1/4 being color.

And no need to insult me rooks. Your (and your cronies) misunderstanding of what the words highly probable/improbable means is very telling about who the dunce is.

I won't expect you to understand the maths.

Guest realtalk

I'm not even going to explain it to you, I can't tell if you are an idiot by choice or that's just how you are.

Idiot is unable to explain it because idiot doesn't have a logical argument.

(You started the name calling btw)

Guest realtalk

Will some people get two heads? Two Tails? A heads and a tails? The answer is yes.

If someone flips ten coins could they get all tails? Yes. Is it more unlikely than any other outcome? No. Because every time you flip a coin it's a 50% chance, the probability doesn't change.

Haha. CLEARLY does not know what he is talking about.

Dunce cap for you rooks.

And HIGHLY PROBABLE does not mean guaranteed. That is basic probability language which you should understand if you're going to discuss.

If I have time, I will actually show you the math of how INSANELY IMPROBABLE that it is just chance that over 10 people all get 1 black, 1 color every time across multiple releases. i will do this based on rooks supposed 1/4 being color.

And no need to insult me rooks. Your (and your cronies) misunderstanding of what the words highly probable/improbable means is very telling about who the dunce is.

I won't expect you to understand the maths.

What you're arguing is that if you buy 2, it's highly probable that you get 1 of each.  I agree with that.  It's not a guarantee though.  If I were to guess what percentage of the total run are variants, my best guess would be around 1/3, not 1/4.  That's just based off a generality from what I've seen people post over the time this Mondo thread has been going.

Take a statistics class and try this post again...fail.

The probability of the random lp variant falling within a particular range of values is given by the integral of this variant’s density over that range—that is, it is given by the area under the density function but above the horizontal axis and between the lowest and greatest ebay values of the range. The probability density function is nonnegative everywhere, and its integral over the entire space is equal to one colored variant of a record.

Derp.

Truth / Realtalk.

I ordered 4 poltergeist. 3 of the jackets were damaged during transit. So naturally I open all of them and there is 1 clear. I put the clear in the undamaged jacket. And send the other 3 back. They send me 3 more and all black. So 6 out of 7 ended up being black.