The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Question for people that have ordered things from them in the past: Do they typically send a shipping email? If so, does it include a tracking number? Thanks!

They usually do, but sometimes they don't. As far as tracking goes I don't normally look at it but when I did half the time it gave me an error.

I'm on the fence for these 2. Haven't seen other but really like Jon Brion's work so I might grab a ParaNorman if its up for the next couple weeks.

These two are definitely gonna end up being two of my favorite Mondo releases. Of course that opinion changes when I'm in the mood for horror soundtracks haha.

They usually do, but sometimes they don't. As far as tracking goes I don't normally look at it but when I did half the time it gave me an error.

If you don't get an email you can check in your account on their site & that's always had the tracking # for me once its shipped.

Thanks for the info, guys!

Why would they go out of their way to accommodate a small number of variant collectors? Most people probably don't care and it's an added bonus when you get the color.

Because those are the ones who drive up the hype.  And it's not a small number.  You saw how many nubs went after that GID Paranorman release due to it's low run number.  Same thing with their shitty picture disc they released last RSD.   The sound quality is inferior to their regular release counterparts yet people fell all over themselves trying to score a copy over the past 2 RSD weekends. The more limited something is, the more people want it.  It's kind of shitty that people need to buy 4 copies just to get the one item they want.

Hi! I'm new to buying records from Mondo, and I was wondering: What are my chances of getting the colored version of the record off of Ebay, or some other such site? I'm really only interested in buying the "Aggie Fights" variation of the record, and not the black version. Would I be better off just buying directly from Mondo and taking my chances?

Hi! I'm new to buying records from Mondo, and I was wondering: What are my chances of getting the colored version of the record off of Ebay, or some other such site? I'm really only interested in buying the "Aggie Fights" variation of the record, and not the black version. Would I be better off just buying directly from Mondo and taking my chances?

You're going to be pay a lot more for the variants on eBay. Especially with the hype of the Paranorman RSD release. I'd say just try your chances with Mondo.

I've always had luck buying two copies and then selling my black for a bit below cost on the bay or this forum. Like Mo said, they try and take care of people who order multiple copies.

I've always had luck buying two copies and then selling my black for a bit below cost on the bay or this forum. Like Mo said, they try and take care of people who order multiple copies.

Seconded. Hard. I've had great luck with this. I'd wager there's at least a better than 80% chance you get one of eaxh. Buy two copies, flip the black one for a $5 loss and you just paid $35 plus ship for the thing you would've paid close to twice that for on the secondary market. Cheers.

I guess I'll give this a shot. Worse comes to worse, I'll end up with two blacks and then either sell them both or keep one. Thanks for the advice!

I guess I'll give this a shot. Worse comes to worse, I'll end up with two blacks and then either sell them both or keep one. Thanks for the advice!

Just be careful. It's not as easy as you might think!

I've had better luck (and so has DJ Quik) buying 1 or 0 copies from Mondo and buying on the aftermarket at a good price.

Buy 1 at $39 after shipping and it's black... you'll be LUCKY to sell it for $30 shipped (Please See Raid: Redemption for worst case scenario).

Wait 1-3 months and buy a colored variant for $45 you save yourself time, disappointment, and money.

I've had better luck (and so has DJ Quik) buying 1 or 0 copies from Mondo and buying on the aftermarket at a good price.

Buy 1 at $39 after shipping and it's black... you'll be LUCKY to sell it for $30 shipped (Please See Raid: Redemption for worst case scenario).

Wait 1-3 months and buy a colored variant for $45 you save yourself time, disappointment, and money.

Also a valid route.

Different strokes...

Buy 1 at $39 after shipping and it's black... you'll be LUCKY to sell it for $30 shipped (Please See Raid: Redemption for worst case scenario).

My main worry is ending up in a situation where getting the variant is flat-out impossible. How reliable is the aftermarket? And how long does it usually take for Mondo to run out of records?

DAMMIT I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO TO THROW MY MONEY AT, THIS IS THE WORST PAIN

My main worry is ending up in a situation where getting the variant is flat-out impossible. How reliable is the aftermarket? And how long does it usually take for Mondo to run out of records?

DAMMIT I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO TO THROW MY MONEY AT, THIS IS THE WORST PAIN

Rooks' way is legit, too. The aftermarket is reliable in the sense that the variants will be for sale. Guaranteed. The prices will fluctuate wildly at first, but if you are patient, you'll find a reasonable deal a few months down the line after the initial hype has died down.