The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I haven't had a dark enough spot to test mine to see what color it is yet. This thing sounds pretty good though, I am stoked to have it! Held mine in the dark and it didn't glow.

Edit: Did you guys have to expose it to light for a while beforehand or shine light through it in the dark or something?

Yeah you've got to charge it up for a good couple minutes with a strong source since it's been devoid of light in its packaging

As far as sound goes this is on the better side of glow in the dark vinyl from my listening experiences, but it still sounds like glow in the dark vinyl.

He had a boner for soundtracks and seemed to know his stuff. We talked about specific variants and the good and bad things about about each release, nerding out hardcore. When I mentioned Coraline he was foaming at the mouth lol

For some reason I thought you were going to end up being the guy with the Ticket Alternative jacket standing in front of me. Obviously not. That guy seemed to know everyone, but trying to start a conversation was damn near impossible. We got lucky and were under the awning by the Indian cuisine place. Got a free donut from P.Soul or something like that. That was cool.

For some reason I thought you were going to end up being the guy with the Ticket Alternative jacket standing in front of me. Obviously not. That guy seemed to know everyone, but trying to start a conversation was damn near impossible. We got lucky and were under the awning by the Indian cuisine place. Got a free donut from P.Soul or something like that. That was cool.

I wanted to tell out "where Unique Melody at?!" but I just figured that wasn't the best idea. The free donuts were tight

Im confused. So which color was the Paranorman RSD, and what color is the one going up for sale tomorrow? I am looking at the all GID without the splatter..

and also how does the 'randomly inserted color' work for the coraline and paranorman?

The one that sounds better is going up tomorrow, if that even matters to people these days???

Randomly inserted is just that, randomly inserted.  

Im confused. So which color was the Paranorman RSD, and what color is the one going up for sale tomorrow? I am looking at the all GID without the splatter..

and also how does the 'randomly inserted color' work for the coraline and paranorman?

Tomorrow's Paranorman is "highlighter yellow with bone haze" for the variant. The RSD Paranorman is one of three glow in the dark colors, but you don't know which one until you open it up. That is how "randomly inserted color" works as well. You have a chance of getting a colored variant, but the majority are black. Mo told us a few days ago that, normally, about 1/3 of each Mondo pressing is a variant. It is nice to have that information after so much speculation on our parts.

Nope. The Record Store Day release was glow in the dark. Tomorrow's is not. It is Highlighter yellow. Be thankful. Like timbrh2001 said, while GID looks cool, it unfortunately sounds like shit.

Ahh I see. Yeah, not much of a GID person. I just really like that green variant. Thank you for the clear up

I'd like to buy these, for a little less.

Agreed.