The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Decided to sell my MOND-001 Maniac red clear variant if anyone is interested. This randomly inserted colored vinyl thing Mondo is doing has had the best of me. Jacket is in rough condition, but the record itself is in perfect shape. Pictures are on ebay if you wanna see the extent of the damage. Disregard the price on ebay tho, I obviously willing to work something out for board members. 

BTW, didn't Mondo say Gravity would only be up for a couple weeks ? Aren't we past that point ?

Bleh I'm six variants behind now. Gonna buy Coraline because I love the movie... but if people are looking for the early variants, maybe hit me up. I'll be looking for aftermarket prices, because that's what I paid for the most part, but we can talk.

You had me until the end there Rooks...

Yeah I know it haha. I got blacked out on the Devil and Blue Sunshine and then kind of fell off on tracking down variants. I've NEVER - you read that right - NEVER received a variant from Mondo. So, I was getting pretty down about it.  Gave myself a few months to see if I felt like chasing down the ones I missed via Ebay and Cogs but haven't gotten around to it.  Too much other music coming out!

Mondo driving away fans in the long run w/ their random variants.  Who could have predicted that???   :P

Decided to sell my MOND-001 Maniac red clear variant if anyone is interested. This randomly inserted colored vinyl thing Mondo is doing has had the best of me. Jacket is in rough condition, but the record itself is in perfect shape. Pictures are on ebay if you wanna see the extent of the damage. Disregard the price on ebay tho, I obviously willing to work something out for board members. 

BTW, didn't Mondo say Gravity would only be up for a couple weeks ? Aren't we past that point ?

Another victim of the random variant game...  I've been screaming this since day 1 to anyone who would listen, even to Mondo customer service.  GIVE THE FANS THE CHOICE TO BUY WHICH VERSION THEY WANT.  You're just slowly but surely disenfranchising your customer base by doing this.  Nobody wants to have to buy 4 copies every single time they order something, simple as that.

Why would they go out of their way to accommodate a small number of variant collectors? Most people probably don't care and it's an added bonus when you get the color.

Kevin, it usually depends on how many records you buy. If you order one or two, and they are in stock, they usually go out fairly quickly. If you order several it seems, anecdotely, that you wait a bit longer.

Yeah, I've heard they really take care of their dedicated fans...

I ordered one of each for todays releases.

Yeah, I've heard they really take care of their dedicated fans...

I ordered one of each for todays releases.

I think they are a small operation and, exceptions aside, they simply produce so much product, between posters and vinyl, that it takes a while to ship things out. So even when something is in stock, it might not me the next item up in their shipping queue. Posters, in my experience, are usually a longer wait than vinyl. Although Mo from Mondo did say on here a while back that they were committed to getting the online sales to fans before thwy arrive in stores so, regardless of duration, buying direct from them may be the fastest way.

Kevin... its usually at least 2 weeks before Mondo ships. Sometimes up to a month. They're not very good about prompt shipping unfortunately.

80% of the records I've ordered that they have in hand (like these two) have gone out within a week. Ghibli and Gravity have been the only records they've put up for order before having them in hand if I remember correctly. Which records have you ordered that took so long?

Halloween shipped 4-1/2 weeks after I ordered. The Omen was 2-1/2 weeks. The Raid was 3 weeks. I've never noticed anything before Gravity being a pre-order. If they were then I totally missed it & that's my bad. Not complaining, I just know when I order from them its gonna be longer than most places, which is fine since I know ahead of time & anticipate it. Their mailers are solid & I've never had a damaged jacket or vinyl so its all good. 

Halloween shipped 4-1/2 weeks after I ordered. The Omen was 2-1/2 weeks. The Raid was 3 weeks. I've never noticed anything before Gravity being a pre-order. If they were then I totally missed it & that's my bad. Not complaining, I just know when I order from them its gonna be longer than most places, which is fine since I know ahead of time & anticipate it. Their mailers are solid & I've never had a damaged jacket or vinyl so its all good. 

Yeah Halloween was one of the ones that took foreverrrrrrrr even though they already had it in hand. I've bought every other release since The Deadly Spawn and haven't had a rough time thankfully.