The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Email relpy from Mondo a few days ago: 'I can say that we definitely pressed 500 Howl's Moving Castle' - Sohpie

(I can fwd you the mail if you need it)

...but she did NOT say only 500...

Good, like I originally said they did with Howls. Now let's find some proof that they only did 500 with PM and SA as well.

They really did say that this time timbrh.

I don't have the link on hand but Justin stated around SDCC that depending on performance of these Ghibli comps they would be pursuing more Ghibli releases in the future.

If they do anymore of these soundtracks, it will be pretty sad. These didnt really perform all that great anyways except for Howls which was hyped as limited even before the drop causing the Mondo flipper contingency to take notice.

They had to stagger the shit out of these just to sell their entire allotment.

Guest realtalk

as long as they make it to you in one piece

I just commented on the great packaging Mondo uses after this comment about 'making it to you in one piece'. Pretty simple dudes!

I'm pretty sure "false end packaging" is not a thing.

Also, why can't it "literally" be beat? Is it made of fire hardened steel? Doesn't it have a restraining order against us? Is it the Yankees?

I've heard of more than a few seam splits occurring with the type of packaging Mondo uses.  It looks nice but there are better methods to package a record.

My Maniac and Deadly Spawn both came with splits. Jerks. 

When shipping, you need to secure the record tightly by adding an extra layer of cardboard and/or bubble wrap.  They don't do this, hence the record is able to move around during shipping, which is the obvious cause of seam splits.

FYI, just in case somebody didn't know this already, haha.

Guest realtalk

I'm pretty sure "false end packaging" is not a thing.

Also, why can't it "literally" be beat? Is it made of fire hardened steel? Doesn't it have a restraining order against us? Is it the Yankees?

False-end means the box continues after the end of the product. So it protects the corners from bumps more than anything. Yes, it doesn't protect from seam splits unless the record can not 'jiggle around'.

Pretty much the best type of box if the record doesn't jiggle around inside!