The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Guest realtalk

Fooling people into thinking these records are more limited than they actually are in order to drive up demand. Brilliant!

Kind of like all the trolls in this thread completely guessing on pressing numbers, suggesting one variant is super-limited and presenting the info as obvious and sound data.

Oh look, the Spirited Away version is being retailed several places.

You dumb fuck.

Ok, so what does that have to do with the Howl's variant dumb fuck? I think what I said was suggesting SA and PM weren't all that limited but that Howl's was limited (someone even went and provided the same link that I read before making that statement).

Get your shit together.

I try to pass along info/rumors/etc... from things I read on other message boards and blog links. Figure some may be interested in things that aren't necessarily being talked about on this thread. If you think Im full of shit or don't care to read, just ignore it, simple as that. In the past, if I mentioned something that was just a rumor (Stout - JP soundtrack being a recent example), I think Ive stated quite clearly that it is just a rumor.

Guest realtalk

You said 500 of each variant will be pressed, including the SA version which will be at retail

And you're calling someone a dumb fuck? Hahahahah

Only 1/2 correct.

Yes, there are 500 of each.

I never said that a particular version would be or is retail AT ALL ANYWHERE. Today I found one particular version being retailed a few places. It is definitely NOT the version that people have been touting as the "retail variant" with a larger pressing number this entire time, throughout this thread.

Poor reading comprehension fail on you.

"Retail Variant" fail on everyone who perpetuated that flimsy and false rumour throughout this thread.

Guest realtalk

Pretty sure they purposely made this one the most limited to give something to the SDCC crowd.

Pretty sure, huh? What is that, like 85-90% certain? Amazing that one can take tentative threads of rumours from unnamed and most likely unreliable sources and then be "pretty sure" about something.

Pfffffffff. That's rich man. You should join a data collection agency for being so able to extrapolate "pretty certain" from jack shit.

For shits I just checked the SDCC on-sale announcement. It was the day prior to the event, so probably won't know until the date. Timecrimes IS playing at Fantastic Fest on the 26th.

Which either means the rumor is correct!  Or it might just mean the original poster has visited fantasticfest.com.

Or BOTH! If it shakes out to be true I hope they put some on sale online since I ain't gonna be in TX. 

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the information and thanks to you both for following up; I rarely visit EB. However, I am highly skeptical of any scuttlebutt about Mondo. They seem to get an an inordinate amount of unsubstantiated rumors spread about them. The JP one mentioned above is a perfect example as it had release date and design details associated with it. That said, I'll be re-watching Timecrimes this weekend to reacquaint myself with the score.