I'm in Heart of Chicago, basically Pink Line at the Damen stop. Way cheap. I'll also be going to Caspian tomorrow. If I see Emmett Kelly there, I'll say hi.

I'll be the one vomitting from the nosebleeds and/or smashing my head into the railing because of Caspian's stellar performance. Though I have a mild obsession for tramp clown(paintings)s, I don't know if I'd ever dress up as one. All right, back on topic. Weiners on Chicago streets.

I'll be the one vomitting from the nosebleeds and/or smashing my head into the railing because of Caspian's stellar performance. Though I have a mild obsession for tramp clown(paintings)s, I don't know if I'd ever dress up as one. All right, back on topic. Weiners on Chicago streets.

Funny to think of Subt having a 'nosebleed' section.

Im not actually in chicago chicago but I booze in there frequently. I actually live in Northwest Indiana, about 17 miles south east of the city

Where in NWI? I'm from there, just moved up likeeee a year and a half ago?

Also...3 Floyds 3 years ago:Yes 3 Floyds present day:Not worth the trip. Their food is taking a dive.

Where in NWI? I'm from there, just moved up likeeee a year and a half ago?

Also...3 Floyds 3 years ago:Yes 3 Floyds present day:Not worth the trip. Their food is taking a dive.

Hammond, right near munster, and I agree their menu has been changing so much its impossible to keep up with it and you never know what you want. They're trying way too many different things and its pissing off the customers because they can never get the same thing when they go in.

So I went to the Caspian/Native/Cut Teeth show and I talked to Bobby from Native after the show. He says the new record should be out by July or August and that Sargent House will handle the LP for it as well as opposed to Topshelf. He even went back to the stage while Caspian was setting up just to grab me a set list. Their set was awesome.

Completely unrelated: Anyone going to this tomorrow:

http://chicagorecordcollectors.com/ ??

So I went to the Caspian/Native/Cut Teeth show and I talked to Bobby from Native after the show. He says the new record should be out by July or August and that Sargent House will handle the LP for it as well as opposed to Topshelf. He even went back to the stage while Caspian was setting up just to grab me a set list. Their set was awesome.

Native is so amazing live. The first time I saw them was at Treasure Town and you couldn't hear the vocals at all. My friends band Droughts played with them that night and another time they played at Beat Kitchen, Bobby is the nicest. guy. I love his side project with Doyle from Grown Ups, if you haven't listened to Cloakroom you have got to check them out. 

There's a record fair at The Empty Bottle on Sunday - lots of cool stuff including free food, beer, and records (giveaways by Notes and Bolts, BLVD, Numero, etc...) - https://www.facebook.com/events/146115255541868/

Dang, that would be my one weekend day to work this month.

CHIRP record fair is also coming up soon, on April 13. Looks like it's $25 for early admission (8-10a), or $7 for admission after 10. To anybody that's been before, is early admission worthwhile? Seems like a pretty steep price just to get to pick through early.

http://recordfair.chirpradio.org/

Dang, that would be my one weekend day to work this month.

CHIRP record fair is also coming up soon, on April 13. Looks like it's $25 for early admission (8-10a), or $7 for admission after 10. To anybody that's been before, is early admission worthwhile? Seems like a pretty steep price just to get to pick through early.

http://recordfair.chirpradio.org/

shhhh

$12.50 early admission

http://realdeal.chicagoreader.com/chicago/deals/chirp-record-fair-early-bird-admission-on-april/

Native is so amazing live. The first time I saw them was at Treasure Town and you couldn't hear the vocals at all. My friends band Droughts played with them that night and another time they played at Beat Kitchen, Bobby is the nicest. guy. I love his side project with Doyle from Grown Ups, if you haven't listened to Cloakroom you have got to check them out. 

Native gets worse and worse every time I see them. They're first ep was pretty rockin, but it seems like they just want to play what everyone else is. Extremely frustrating. I really don't care when I see/hear a band I don't like, but I strongly disagree with the hype of this band.

On a better and more positive note, Cloakroom has a promising future if they pursue that project.

And Alta is playing tonight.