Check out what I did over the weekend

that looks like it was fucking awesome! something i've always wanted to do, sweet video dude!

Thanks! It was an amazing experience. I kinda want to do a jump in a differnet city every year. I'd do it more often but it's like $200 a jump, that is until I can do it on my own. heh.

roadmonkey, we would hang out in real life.

Yes, yes we should

i guess i never really gave it much thought before but does that dude literally just skydive all day long for a living? that sure as hell beats sitting in an office everyday.

I was thinking about that too. The way this place worked is that they take a group of 8 people at one time. Guys go up, jump out, land, change backpacks for a freshly packed parachute, change out SD Cards for the go pros, meet thier next skydiver, and repeat.  He told me he does about 30 jumps daily. While they are jumping there's a team of like 8 other jumpers who are repacking parachutes and setting up freash gear. It's a pretty slick operation.

that looks like so much fun! But I couldn't even make it through the whole video due to my crippling fear of heights, dammit.

happy birthday by the way.

Thanks. That's a pretty intense fear if you can't make it through the video. How long have you had the fear if you don't mind me asking. A co-worker and I were talking about it and how it's the type of fear that has to really develop over time.

Thanks. That's a pretty intense fear if you can't make it through the video. How long have you had the fear if you don't mind me asking. A co-worker and I were talking about it and how it's the type of fear that has to really develop over time.

The first time i remember it getting really bad was when I went I cedar point with my ex about 4 years ago. I went on one roller coaster and was terrified. I got dizzy and felt like I was having a panic attack. I kind of got worse from there. When I travel anywhere and stay in a hotel I always have to request a room on one of the lower floors. Oh and I think it goes without saying whenever I fly anywhere I am heavily medicated during... haha.

I definitely wasn't like this when I was younger, I was a little daredevil. I remember snowboarding down black diamonds and doing things like that with no problem.

truth be told, skydiving was fun the one time i did it.. bungee jumping was a hell of a lot more scary. cliff jumping hurt. (i fell slightly on my stomach) from 45ft up. i think the only thing i have to do is base jump, but i'm not suited or have the experience to do that, as much as i'd probably have a blast doing it. don't tell me this doesn't look fun:

also happy birthday!!!!

.....asshole! :P

you didn't even give a shout out to VC man WTF? the dude gave you an opening..

I don't think I could sit down for the rest of the day this looks so invigorating

I was too pumped to jump out of the damn plane.. next time I'll remember to say "Collect all the Brand New vinyl" Or whatever the ban du jour is at that time.

truth be told, skydiving was fun the one time i did it.. bungee jumping was a hell of a lot more scary. cliff jumping hurt. (i fell slightly on my stomach) from 45ft up. i think the only thing i have to do is base jump, but i'm not suited or have the experience to do that, as much as i'd probably have a blast doing it. don't tell me this doesn't look fun:

Looks fun as hell I wanna do it... also thanks 

Asshole

The first time i remember it getting really bad was when I went I cedar point with my ex about 4 years ago. I went on one roller coaster and was terrified. I got dizzy and felt like I was having a panic attack. I kind of got worse from there. When I travel anywhere and stay in a hotel I always have to request a room on one of the lower floors. Oh and I think it goes without saying whenever I fly anywhere I am heavily medicated during... haha.

I definitely wasn't like this when I was younger, I was a little daredevil. I remember snowboarding down black diamonds and doing things like that with no problem.

That's pretty nutty, I remember my ex that to get meds from the docs before she flew too.. adavan I think it what they were. Hopefully you'll get back to your snowboarding daredevil self and try it out. Honestly if there was a metaphor to freeing myself from the shit that I went through last year, this was it. I honestly feel like I can do anything and I'm not scared of anything any more. It's such an awesome feeling.

Skydiving rules! I jump every few months. We have a place right near me that hooks me up, and you land on the beach if it's not too crowded. Skydivethebeach.com.au is the company. They do tandems and solo if you're experienced enough.

There's also a place about 30 minutes from me that do the skydive courses, you jump 10 times a day and can go solo from then.

It is the single most fun you will ever have. Ever! Surprisingly, you don't 'feel' like you're falling after the first 5-ish seconds. It's more a floating against wind kind of feeling. When your in a car, and you go down a steep dip in a car, and lose your stomach. You have that for about 2 seconds and it's gone.

Serious amounts of fun, and I recommend everyone, even those that don't handle heights well, give it a go once. You'll lose your fear quick!

Skydiving rules! I jump every few months. We have a place right near me that hooks me up, and you land on the beach if it's not too crowded. Skydivethebeach.com.au is the company. They do tandems and solo if you're experienced enough.

There's also a place about 30 minutes from me that do the skydive courses, you jump 10 times a day and can go solo from then.

It is the single most fun you will ever have. Ever! Surprisingly, you don't 'feel' like you're falling after the first 5-ish seconds. It's more a floating against wind kind of feeling. When your in a car, and you go down a steep dip in a car, and lose your stomach. You have that for about 2 seconds and it's gone.

Serious amounts of fun, and I recommend everyone, even those that don't handle heights well, give it a go once. You'll lose your fear quick!

DUDE! I'm planning a trip to Australia for next winter/spring. I will definitely keep the company in mind.