$2 Raffle! - As Cities Burn - Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest - green

kforkevin777

If you add a second drawing for some MBD stuff, let me know. I wanna get down on that, but already have a copy of ACB...and that seems to defeat the purpose of this raffle. Ha!

Well, I have an MBD print I bought a while back that I was gonna send if whoever won the second drawing likes MBD.

back when the first raffle showed up on here for a saves the day record, i could tell that the concept was going to blow up.

i understand the sketchiness of doing it for your own benefit, and i knew that before a bunch of assholes decided to insta-flame an "outsider". but i still don't think it's a shitty thing to do.

like i said in that thread, it's literally the same as buying a scratch ticket. you don't get pissed off at the state for taking your money when you lose on a $2 ticket do you? no. you gamble your money for the chance to win big.

if this trend is going to continue around here, i think the most important thing is that it is only hosted by established members.

back when the first raffle showed up on here for a saves the day record, i could tell that the concept was going to blow up.

i understand the sketchiness of doing it for your own benefit, and i knew that before a bunch of assholes decided to insta-flame an "outsider". but i still don't think it's a shitty thing to do.

like i said in that thread, it's literally the same as buying a scratch ticket. you don't get pissed off at the state for taking your money when you lose on a $2 ticket do you? no. you gamble your money for the chance to win big.

if this trend is going to continue around here, i think the most important thing is that it is only hosted by established members.

I totally agree. My dad spends like $20 or $30 a day on scratch offs, and loses most of the time. My grandpa does the same thing, but he sometimes wins $100 or even $500 at a time. I also like to think I'm a fairly established member. Nearly 3000 posts. I may not be like Casey, or yourself, but I try. Your raffle was an awesome thing to do and I'm glad it worked out so well. That said, if a new member came and did a raffle, I wouldn't trust it.

You've doubled your investment.

Yes. And I'm thankful to everyone who's entered so far. At this point, I'm gonna be doing the second drawing, and if I get another $20 or $25, I'll do a third, but we'll see. At least I didn't put it on eBay for $70 plus shipping, and watch people bid on it.

Son of a bitch! So I opened the program on my computer that says "Camera Recorder" thinking, ya' know, it'll work. So I do the whole damn video, and draw both names of the winners, and then go look at the video, and the stupid software is a trial and doesn't record more than ten seconds and doesn't record sound... I drew the first name, and then the same name for the runner up, but drew again, so there'd be two separate winners.

I have two winners, but no video. I could redo it and record the video and make sure it doesn't fuck up, but then I feel like I'd be screw over the two people who won. So, before I drop any names, what do you guys think? Do you trust that I actually did it and wanna stick with the first results, or should I redo it for "proof?" I'm leaving it up to you guys.