Kevin Devine LP7 & LP8 Kickstarter

Same here. Sort of surprised when they arrived without a note or signed. I don't mind, I just got my favorite albums of his signed the other night, I was just surprised.

Same here. Nothing was said about it.. Just sort of hoped since there were so many delays and such and he said there would be "special surprises" that there would be more than just three records in the box I opened. Like I said, no reason to expect it.. Just a small part of my brain thought $200,000 might have left room for some cool surprises.

Well, he did mention signing stuff though in one of the updates. That's where my surprise came from. I'm sure his schedule just didn't allow it but this is the part of the update I got that from:

"I'd also set up a trip out to Los Angeles (where all the KS orders are being boxed & shipped) for next Monday-Wednesday to sign all the pieces that need signing so we can get them in the mail by mid-week. Since some of those pieces won't be in, what I will do instead is sign everything physical that is there, and hand-write a note to each backer that can hopefully suffice for the piece (or, in some cases, two) that aren't. It's imperfect, but it's the best we got, and you'll be receiving several signed physical pieces plus a little note without any further delay to your order being shipped."

Thinking about it now, I believe everything got delayed further than what was expected at the time that update was made, therefore not much was there to sign. Possibly some CD's got signed, who knows. I really don't care either way. I'm pumped to have the Bootleg!

edit: Also, it was $114,000. I would be surprised if that that completely covers recording/creating 2 physical releases and supporting 2 full U.S. tours. 

Does anybody else not have the center of the sleeve on Bulldozer cut out on their Kickstarter copy. My BSM copy has the center cut out so you can see the center label and it looks nice. The Kickstarter version just has a white circle where it looks like it should have been cut.

That's a solid observation. Neither my Kickstarter copy or my US retail copy have the white circle cut out. EU EXCLUSIVE.

also got mine today. i look forward to listening to a couple before work tomorrow.

i'm mostly just excited to finally have them. i've had a hard time getting really into the albums, and i can't tell if it's because it's too much new music at once, or because i still hadn't received these. 

whatever. all i know is that i missed him in CT tonight because i had to work. and i'm going to miss him in boston tomorrow because i have to work.

So I FINALLY got my order from Big Scary Monsters/Awesome Distro. So whoever did the processing at Awesome Distro did not do such an awesome job. Apparently I asked them to switch the address on the order from my wife's old job to my apartment. While they did that they managed to think it was a good idea to scribble out the first address which included the words UNITED STATES, leave the scribble on the package, and add the correct address. In doing that, they neglected to put the words UNITED STATES back on the package, ended up in Brooklyn, AUSTRALIA. Thats right, my package went halfway around the world, back to the UK, and then got sent to the US. It made it here OK considering, but wow....just wow.

So I FINALLY got my order from Big Scary Monsters/Awesome Distro. So whoever did the processing at Awesome Distro did not do such an awesome job. Apparently I asked them to switch the address on the order from my wife's old job to my apartment. While they did that they managed to think it was a good idea to scribble out the first address which included the words UNITED STATES, leave the scribble on the package, and add the correct address. In doing that, they neglected to put the words UNITED STATES back on the package, ended up in Brooklyn, AUSTRALIA. Thats right, my package went halfway around the world, back to the UK, and then got sent to the US. It made it here OK considering, but wow....just wow.

Whoa, thats a serious journey. Glad it got to you alright after all of that but daaaamn.