Daytrotter Vinyl Series No. 7: Barnstormer Volume 1

The price is an obvious mark against them. I just felt really taken advantage of, and they blatantly false advertized. The TBT/Lucero split was advertized as ' strictly only available for preorder for 14 days' and 'extremely limited'. This was mid October, and the record is still up there store today.

I've emailed a few times and gotten a run around but no real explanation.

I only sprang on this because I thought I'd have no chance to own it otherwise. I would have definitely waited if I had known this.

Bottom line is they flat out lied.

The price is an obvious mark against them. I just felt really taken advantage of, and they blatantly false advertized. The TBT/Lucero split was advertized as ' strictly only available for preorder for 14 days' and 'extremely limited'. This was mid October, and the record is still up there store today. I've emailed a few times and gotten a run around but no real explanation. I only sprang on this because I thought I'd have no chance to own it otherwise. I would have definitely waited if I had known this. Bottom line is they flat out lied.

Wow....that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I can see where that would leave a sour taste in your mouth. 

not saying I won't buy from them again but I wouldn't mind if they never put out anything I really wanted.  The price is high for what you get but the thing that annoyed me is that even at the member price I could buy the JTE/Dawes cheaper from bloodshot then from them, eventhough you could only buy it for 2 or so weeks and how many they sell is how many they are making(I understand they have to make extras in case of lost or damaged LPs).  It just seems like they tried doing this extreme exclusivity thing to make their albums more desirable and justify the price. I get they are trying to get members but if you bought an album at a non member price after shipping it is like $40 for a single LP.

Count me in with the people who got a bad taste in their mouth from Daytrotter. I got the JTE/Dawes one since JTE is one of my favorite artists and instead of taking one of his two sessions, they just took some songs from both and slapped them on. They said you could only get it from them and only for14 days, yet still sell it, Dawes sells it (much cheaper) Bloodshot sells it(much cheaper and who I would much rather support), the labels on the record are wrong (seriously when paying 26 dollars for a record with no insert and a cheap cover, what the fuck is the money going to? Get the fucking labels right at least) and when I emailed them about many others receiving their copy and me still not receiving mine about a month ago I am still waiting to hear back. I really wish I could get my money back and just give it to the artist who deserves it.

The price is an obvious mark against them. I just felt really taken advantage of, and they blatantly false advertized. The TBT/Lucero split was advertized as ' strictly only available for preorder for 14 days' and 'extremely limited'. This was mid October, and the record is still up there store today. I've emailed a few times and gotten a run around but no real explanation. I only sprang on this because I thought I'd have no chance to own it otherwise. I would have definitely waited if I had known this. Bottom line is they flat out lied.

Felt the same way about PIAPTK or whatever the fuck that record company is called. Never cool to lie to your customers about your releases. 

They lost me when their site became a PAID SITE!

And I dont get how they choose to put out vinyl of not always the best bands...they've had so many amazing artists do sessions yet they seem to choose poorly what they press!

If they press some solid bands...ill still buy! but only in a record store...where the price isnt so high

I'm not disagreeing with anyone who has complaints against Daytrotter, but FYI they are no longer selling Vols. 1-5 individually in their store, but only as a complete set. 

I don't even like that. They said they would never be available after pre-orders were done. Bundle or not, they're still available.

Part of the reason I was willing to spend the inflated prices was due to the exclusiveness of the releases -- one of maybe just a few hundred to ever own this vinyl. But that promise was not fulfilled.