The Official Horror Thread

Rip

It Follows didn't live up to the hype, but it was still really good.

I missed whatever hype it had, so I guess it took me by surprise since I didn't know what to expect. I really enjoyed it a lot. Made me think and gave me the creeps for at least a full day after watching it. Sometimes I'll look out my kitchen window while doing dishes and I start thinking about it....fucking creepy.

I missed whatever hype it had, so I guess it took me by surprise since I didn't know what to expect. I really enjoyed it a lot. Made me think and gave me the creeps for at least a full day after watching it. Sometimes I'll look out my kitchen window while doing dishes and I start thinking about it....fucking creepy.

I felt the same. This and The Guest totally caught me off guard and I loved them.

All I'm hearing is:

Girl walks home alone at night

Housebound

we are still here

Starry Eyes

Any other good indie horror movies im missing that have come out lately?

I felt the same. This and The Guest totally caught me off guard and I loved them.

All I'm hearing is:

Girl walks home alone at night

Housebound

we are still here

Starry Eyes

Any other good indie horror movies im missing that have come out lately?

What We Do In The Shadows looks like and is supposed to be really good. I really want to see it. Also Human Centipede 3.

I'll post some more once I come across/remember some.

RazorBurnz, you are correct. Poltergiest had its cool moments (few), just stick with the original. Insidious was another strong installment. one of the best modern (as in starting the late 2000's) original horror series to date. Im bias when it comes to Eli Roth, but I dug the Stranger. Usually like anything he has his name attached to.

Although Hostel was a pretty terrible franchise, I will continue to stand by Roth's work, I think he's still got a few good ones up his sleeve

Woah. Hostel>hostel 2>hostel 3. The first one was fun as shit, and that ending is crazy. They gradually got worse, but I wouldn't say it's a terrible franchise...

Edit: obviously the third is the worse since Eli had nothing to do with it.

Hostel 3 was plain shit. Makes me sad even thinking about it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Hostel 1 and 2 though. I might have even liked the second one better than the first.

Anyways, I still get hyped when I hear he's coming out with a new film.

I will say Aftershock was so bad though. Not sure that counts though cause he didn't direct.

Hostel 1 had too much bullshit exposition in te beginning; so much so- that once anything good haooened, it was overshadowed by the bullshit exposition

Haha, agreed. It's the first time I ever got tired of seeing boobs.

I thought Spring was a total bore. I really liked Resolution, so it's a bummer. The love story didn't make sense. No one was making good decisions.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I watched VHS: Viral, The Nightmare, and Don't Look Now.

VHS: Viral was so terrible. I mean... I expected it to be bad, but it was sooo disappointing compared to the first two. I mean... At least the first two felt like they were connected in some way. This one just felt like a stand-alone thing. And plus, I wouldn't even consider the best segment for this one a found footage segment. So weird.

The Nightmare was fucking terrifying. Definitely made me afraid to go to sleep last night and if that doesn't equal "good horror film," then I don't know what does.

Don't Look Now was really good. I just recently got the Criterion blu-ray of this. It looks absolutely beautiful. One of the most confusing movies I've ever seen though. Most films that are somewhat open-ended and confusing, I can start to make sense of them after a little while, but I am completely stumped on this one. Excited to try and learn more about what the hell happened though.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread