The Official Horror Thread

Rip

About 40 minutes into Digging up the Marrow and so far I'm bored, combined with the feeling that this was mostly a fanboy trying to work with Alex Pardee

Without a doubt that was probably it.  A lot of people also saw it as Adam Green just promoting himself.  It wasn't a perfect film by any means, but that doesn't mean I didn't like it.  I'm also a huge Ray Wise fanboy so that helped :).

I also liked seeing quite a few Fright-Rags shirts being worn.  Anything to promote those guys is awesome to me.

Watched Exists tonight.

Ended up really enjoying it.  I haven't disliked anything Eduardo Sanchez has ever done and I'm glad this kept that going.  Really refreshing to have two good Big Foot movies come out so close to each other and both be so different but both so good.  The other being Willow Creek of course.

My apologies if this doesn't really count as horror (it's more body horror than anything else), or if it's already been brought up before, but this is one of my favorite music videos, directed by French animator Jeremie Perin. Definitely not safe for work.

Holy shit I didn't think anyone else had ever seen this video or heard the song.  I love it so much.  The first time I saw it was thanks to Childish Gambino (Donald Glover).  I think he posted it on either tumblr or Facebook.

Holy shit I didn't think anyone else had ever seen this video or heard the song.  I love it so much.  The first time I saw it was thanks to Childish Gambino (Donald Glover).  I think he posted it on either tumblr or Facebook.

I forget how long ago it was (it had less than a million views when I first saw it), but one of my friends showed it to me expecting an adverse reaction from me since I was more grossed out by body stuff back then than I am now. I ended up loving it, though. It's a damn near flawless piece of modern animation in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

This is redundant of most reviews you'll read, but It Follows was really rad! It goes for dread and creepiness instead of jump scares, fantastic 80's atmosphere and soundtrack, and looks great. Run, don't walk, to see it (get it? LOLOMGWINKYFACE)!

Watched P2 last night, on Netflix, if you dig the people vs people genre (ATM, The Strangers), this would be a good watch for you. Also, Wes Bentley does an awesome job playing a convincing creep.

I've had this on DVD for years and haven't watched it yet. I really need to get on that. I think I originally bought it mainly because Alexandre Aja was a producer on it, haha.

I enjoyed P2 quite a bit. Not a very well liked film for sure, but I thought it was a solid entry in the one night terrorized-woman-who-fights-back-gloriously sub genre. & it sets during Xmas, which I always love.

& like ronnie said, Bentley was really good. It's awesome to see he's turned his life around these days & getting solid roles. (though I realize P2 is like 8 years old.)

I enjoyed P2 quite a bit. Not a very well liked film for sure, but I thought it was a solid entry in the one night terrorized-woman-who-fights-back-gloriously sub genre. & it sets during Xmas, which I always love.

& like ronnie said, Bentley was really good. It's awesome to see he's turned his life around these days & getting solid roles. (though I realize P2 is like 8 years old.)

i agree with this statement.

I really want/need to see It Follows. As far as I can tell, it'll be at the closest theater (about a half hour away) until at least this coming Wednesday. Really hope my fiancé and I get a chance to see it.

I saw it this week and really liked it.  I was with a group of people who don't like horror movies and they all really liked it as well.  A pretty fun movie all around.  I'm looking forward to watching it again when it comes out on BluRay (and I rarely watch things a second time).

According to Rob Zombie's Facebook yesterday, Tom Towles has passed away :(.

He was best known for his roles in Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer, House of 1000 Corpses, and a couple other of Rob Zombie's films. R.I.P. Tom. I for one, was a big fan.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3338901/r-p-tom-towles-passes-away-age-65/

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread