The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Anyone excited to see The Lazarus Effect?  As much as I hate to say it, I know it'll probably be a big letdown.  It's PG-13, so that already dampens my excitement.  But I know I'm probably gonna end up loving it just for the cast alone.  I just hope it's a lot better than I'm expecting.

Also, in case anyone missed it:

Poltergeist (2015) trailer

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched The Voices and I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoy psychological horror ala American Psycho, Maniac, Psycho, and Wolf Creek, mixed with a bunch of dark humor.  No matter what anyone says, I will always enjoy Ryan Reynolds; also, Anna Kendrick is adorable in everything she does.  

Just watched The Voices and I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoy psychological horror ala American Psycho, Maniac, Psycho, and Wolf Creek, mixed with a bunch of dark humor.  No matter what anyone says, I will always enjoy Ryan Reynolds; also, Anna Kendrick is adorable in everything she does.  

Love those horror comedies. Will add to my must watch list. 

Tonight's viewing was Treehouse, an indie horror flick that puts places the story's protagonist in the backwoods and sets them up against the depravities of man.  For fans of flicks like Black Rock, Last House on the Left, and The Strangers.  Though the slow build leads the viewer to believe there isn't much to offer, I found the man vs man outcome incredibly predictable yet fulfilling as a fan of cheesy cinema.  5/10

Love Child's Play, love Chucky, and love Fright-Rags. I want any of those shirts but I think I'm good right now. Plus I already have their "Friends Till The End" shirt that I love.

Watched Starry Eyes tonight. If you're into infection horror flicks (Contracted, Afflicted) and cults then this is for you. It was a bit predictable (as are most horror flicks), mixed with some discomfort, though was pretty all right.

You hit the nail on the head with this one. Loved it though.

Not huge into horror, but just wanted to stop in this thread and see what the conversation was on Starry Eyes. I was going to recommend it. I picked it up last week solely because I stayed at one of the houses the movie was filmed in when I went to LA in December. Didn't know anything about it when we were there, it was just a place we found on AirBnB. Then I watched the movie a few weeks ago and was blown away to see the house on screen.

Today's "Ronnie sits at home and looks for a job viewing," was Late Phases, starring Nick Damici (Stake Land, We Are What We Are) and Ethan Embry (Can't Hardly Wait, Cheap Thrills).  It's about time there was a modern day werewolf flick that didn't completely suck.  Glad Embry has reinvented himself as a key player in modern indie horror.  If you enjoy the American Werewolf franchise, you should definitely check it out. 

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread